Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

Needing a 34 year old Messi to carry the club speaks terribly for the recruitment and squad management this club has done over the past 5 years.

The world class spine of the team has either been replaced with mediocrity or allowed to age past their best.
We dont need messi to carry us ffs and that is not why we are interested

We have bigger problems than Messi would fix, would have been a dream signing 3 years ago.

The last thing this team needs is to be carrying an ageing Messi.
What are we doing now?

Carrying FFS Mahrez, praying for an ageing Aguero to return and shitting our pants because 36yr old Fernandinho isn't playing.

At least with Messi in the starting 11 you know hes going to put the ball in the fucking net each game, don't need to worry about his lack of tracking back.

Care to explain how you've come to the conclusion that the club is in decline?

No problem. I think the decision making from the top has been erratic at best since the summer of 2018. Our recruitment has been shambolic and we've let the squad get old and stale from an almost unprecedented position of strength in 2018 and then after a quadruple in 2019.

Now, with the squad desperately lacking energy, pace and power, we seem to be putting all our efforts into signing a 33 year old Messi and keeping an injury prone Aguero as our main source of goals. That could work well but also could go the other way as we've seen with the hopeless transition from Kompany/Fern/Silva/Aguero to what we've seen the last 15 months.

The recent decision making from Txiki and Soriano doesn't exactly inspire confidence and I stand by the assertion that it's been a decline the last 18 months. This is easily fixable with correct recruitment and squad management but I don't trust the club to get it right.

I cant belive iv come back to this thread and people are saying not to sign Messi? watch Argentina vs Peru if you think hes declining he was brilliant his passing and he still has those sprints in him, he even tracked back and put effort in. for those saying age. Zlatan has just scored a brace for Ac Milan at 39 years of age. Ronaldo is still scoring for fun for juve at his age.

Messi you can see from every game with barca this season his head has gone he dosent want to play for them he was fucked about by them in the summer, when he thought he could leave for free if you were in Messi's shoes would you give your all for a club that constantly blames you? and also keeps giving you false promises. at 34 Messi is still better than all of our midfielders. i honestly think pep thought he would have messi at the start of the season for our midfield to partner KDB. KDB messi partnership that is insane Messi's passing ability isnt really talked about but watching the Argentina game he was brilliant at picking people out.

he plays for fun with Argentina like he enjoys playing again , when hes on the pitch for barca he looks not bothered if they concede or score. signing Messi not just for on the pitch but off it my god the amount of money that comes with that sigining is insane. Messi is in so many adverts and sponsors with the barca that alone brings money in and new fans, this will happen at City our kit in adverts with him in major companies adverts etc brings a lot of money to the club. I think the club realise this there will be people that dont really know about man city knowing about us because of Messi, money wise hes a goldmine for our owners.

Hell put him up front and tell him not to track back like aguero and he will score every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.