Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dread to think the absolute mess we will be in as a club once Messi and Pep fuck off, the short term 'gains' people are obsessing over are going to put us so far back as a Club it is staggering, we're turning into everything we have been told by the press and other fans and argued we aren't as a Club. All for one player who is only coming here as a favour to his fucking mate who won't care what damage is done to the Club once gone.

If we have Messi playing for us I think he'd instantly turn us into a major draw for a lot of young, top class players. Who wouldn't want to play in a team with Messi? Hopefully by the time he left we'd still have those young stars that he'd attract to the club.

The commercial benefits of having Messi would be significant too, suddenly we could increase our sponsorship deals and business partners so we could use that income to fight against ffp - we'd finally be able to match rag and Bayern, etc for income so hopefully go huge in subsequent transfer windows.

If we have Messi playing for us I think he'd instantly turn us into a major draw for a lot of young, top class players. Who wouldn't want to play in a team with Messi? Hopefully by the time he left we'd still have those young stars that he'd attract to the club.

The commercial benefits of having Messi would be significant too, suddenly we could increase our sponsorship deals and business partners so we could use that income to fight against ffp - we'd finally be able to match rag and Bayern, etc for income so hopefully go huge in subsequent transfer windows.

I'm happy to be put right but have Juventus had a huge increase in sponsorship etc and other world class players wanting to sign for them because of Ronaldo?

People keep saying this as fact, he may be an absolute flop in the PL. Many a decent player have come to the PL and looked absolutely shit and gone away with their tails between their legs. I don't think he changes the issues we currently face as a team personally.

I also don't buy into the young top class players rhetoric, if true we wouldn't be touching him and talking of pairing him with an aging Aguero, we'd be looking for the next Haaland or Mbappe before anyone else was driving their prices up. It stinks of Real Madrid when they were signing Galacticos every year whether they fit or not for me.

I just dread to think the absolute mess we will be in as a club once Messi and Pep fuck off, the short term 'gains' people are obsessing over are going to put us so far back as a Club it is staggering, we're turning into everything we have been told by the press and other fans and argued we aren't as a Club. All for one player who is only coming here as a favour to his fucking mate who won't care what damage is done to the Club once gone.
If the owner wants him then he is coming, end of.

People keep saying this as fact, he may be an absolute flop in the PL. Many a decent player have come to the PL and looked absolutely shit and gone away with their tails between their legs. I don't think he changes the issues we currently face as a team personally.

I also don't buy into the young top class players rhetoric, if true we wouldn't be touching him and talking of pairing him with an aging Aguero, we'd be looking for the next Haaland or Mbappe before anyone else was driving their prices up. It stinks of Real Madrid when they were signing Galacticos every year whether they fit or not for me.

I'm sure I read a stat last year to say he'd scored 22 goals in 30 games against English teams in the CL. Including 2 in 2 games in CL finals against United.

This is from this year but I can't see/be arsed figuring out the games/goals when it doesn't have it right but but does show how impressive his record is: https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...ational-record-vs-the-premier-league-big-six/.

I'm sure people remember the Liverpool capitulation but from memory he's the player who came out with the most credit and could've had 2/3 assists at Anfield on top of the 2 goals (including a ridiculous free kick) at the Nou Camp and a should've-been assist in the last minute for Dembele.

This is doing rounds in social media. Video of their latest training session. Interpret this how you wish

Well He has been quoted by many news outlets.
Mubarak told a media conference in the United Arab Emirates that Messi is the one player he wishes City had signed "We asked [manager Pep] Guardiola to talk to him, we offered him triple the salary he has at Barcelona, but he never accepted."
The words were denied by City's press officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.