Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I think PSG making public statements makes it less likely he will go there.

We've seen the quotes from Laporta about respect, but also the way that City decline to comment on transfer speculation and Pep's objections to Bayern Munich doing the same thing with Sane. Add to that the delicacy with which he's always talked about Barcelona and how he hopes Messi ends his career there. Clearly this idea of respect for the club is part of the culture there, a culture Messi has been living in for 20 years.

Step forward PSG, behaving in a way that is the absolute opposite. Compare City, who've made absolutely no public statement whatsoever.

Tbh I think PSG making public statements makes it less likely he will go there.

We've seen the quotes from Laporta about respect, but also the way that City decline to comment on transfer speculation and Pep's objections to Bayern Munich doing the same thing with Sane. Add to that the delicacy with which he's always talked about Barcelona and how he hopes Messi ends his career there. Clearly this idea of respect for the club is part of the culture there, a culture Messi has been living in for 20 years.

Step forward PSG, behaving in a way that is the absolute opposite. Compare City, who've made absolutely no public statement whatsoever.
To be fair, PSG executives have refused to talk about Lionel Messi, arguing he is a Barça player and that they respect the catalan club.

The ones talking about him and fueling the narrative are actually the players like Neymar, Paredes and Di Maria. Doesn't make it less classy though. I don't like it but they are not the "executives".

It is a bit different from Bayern where the executives will openly say they are going to take your player.

PSG don't give a flying f*** what anyone thinks or says about them.

This is the same club that recently announced staff redundancies whilst spending millions on players and no doubt putting a pile aside for Messi's wages.

To be fair, PSG executives have refused to talk about Lionel Messi, arguing he is a Barça player and that they respect the catalan club.

The ones talking about him and fueling the narrative are actually the players like Neymar, Paredes and Di Maria. Doesn't make it less classy though. I don't like it but they are not the "executives".

It is a bit different from Bayern where the executives will openly say they are going to take your player.

I see what you mean. I assumed the player statements had the tacit approval of the club hierarchy. Do PSG players often say things that might be counter to the executives? Genuine question as I don't follow closely. I can't think of an example at City right now where a player would have spoken about Messi, or any potential transfer.

It's also tremendously hypocritical of Barcelona, who have been openly pursuing Eric Garcia for months.

I see what you mean. I assumed the player statements had the tacit approval of the club hierarchy. Do PSG players often say things that might be counter to the executives? Genuine question as I don't follow closely. I can't think of an example at City right now where a player would have spoken about Messi, or any potential transfer.

It's also tremendously hypocritical of Barcelona, who have been openly pursuing Eric Garcia for months.
That is a media problem.

Especially when you have media sessions of the player - there is more substance in that then in the after game interviews where the topic usually are just the things happening during the match - players often get asked what they think about this or that player. What do you do then? Usually you praise the class of the other player and his strengths - then the media turns it around.

The problem often is - and that includes the translations, too - that much is taken out of context - without the question, situation etc.

That is a media problem.

Especially when you have media sessions of the player - there is more substance in that then in the after game interviews where the topic usually are just the things happening during the match - players often get asked what they think about this or that player. What do you do then? Usually you praise the class of the other player and his strengths - then the media turns it around.

The problem often is - and that includes the translations, too - that much is taken out of context - without the question, situation etc.

Maldeika answered.

Most of the time, the players are asked countless times about another player and will not be as reserved as the executives who know what they have to say.

However, i remember Neymar declaration and he wasn't pushed at all by the interviewer. He is the one who deliberately started this whole public saga. I would say that Neymar was genuine and openly courting his ex teammate. Same with Paredes and Di Maria. Note that for the latter, those informations are coming from the Argentine media (TyC sports for example), prolly with journalists close to those player clans.

Usually, the players don't really talk about the potential recruits. The only other examples i can remember were Neymar after the "Se Queda" tweet of Piqué or Mbappé and Meunier talking and hinting at a future signing of de Jong. Both were kinda dragged out saga in media with a lot of up and down, turn arounds and different outcomes.

The Pique tweet is a very good example because it is the example of communication not "vetted" by the club, with a false information, coming from the desire of a popular player and that didn't meet the expected outcome. Barça themselves prolly didn't know how to handle that message at the time.

PSG direction don't care about it because they know the deals are not made in public anyway. They sealed Neymar deal and Mbappé deal in the backroom. PSG direction only care about not putting themselves (not the players) at fault by publicly courting a rival player and, in the case of Messi, talks are legal anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.