Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
City gets Messi.
Liverpool gets Mbappe or United gets Haaland.

Who gets the better deal ? I guess it's not City. It's more important to sign Haaland to avoid him go to a rival.
No - City do what's best for them....nothing else. leave that tactic to others and they end up with another sanchez situation

Messi arrives and everyone is happy
No need for anyone else
Doyle replace Fern
Kun signs an extension

I feel that if we sign the best player in the world, that improves the chances of signing top talent that would want to play with him. It would then be counterintuitive not to sign anyone else.

Not true, you sign Haaland or Mbappe and it's a dagger to the heart of your rivals, sign Messi and I honestly don't think our major rivals would feel the same as the two previously mentioned.

Messi is in decline whatever anyone says, can be reinvent himself in a new league? that's the question, and a very expensive question.
With a potentially ruinous answer..

The big question , is he coming to play for Pep or play for City?

Big difference and if it the former, I would leave alone.
Me too but the only thing that gives me comfort is the guys running our club. They have proven time and again that they are nobody’s fools. If they go for Messi we can all be pretty confident that they have found a way to make it work both financially and on the pitch.

Personally, and this is a minority opinion of course, my belief is that Pep has already decided that the money involved precludes our signing him, hence the repeated public calls for Messi to finish his career at Barcelona.

Haaland though I would go to town for. If we had him for 5 years we would win 5 titles I believe. Not to mention probably a coupe of European cups. Then command a ridiculous world record fee if we were to sell him.

Fingers crossed.

Sooner have Haaland
We need a left back of Cancelo's quality
Doyle is miles off Dinho's level
Kun is very much a gamble now

I would imagine currently we have a clearer run on Messi
Who is an equivalent LB to Cancelo?
Rodri is the new Fern though and Doyle could be the understudy
Kun could find a new found physical confidence with Leo around

I feel that if we sign the best player in the world, that improves the chances of signing top talent that would want to play with him. It would then be counterintuitive not to sign anyone else.

I’m not trying to be defeatist but I think there will be a medieval bun fight for Haaland

I would imagine currently we have a clearer run on Messi
Who is an equivalent LB to Cancelo?
Rodri is the new Fern though and Doyle could be the understudy
Kun could find a new found physical confidence with Leo around

All good comment but i think we need a first team ready player to replace Dinho - A rice or Bissouma,maybe Luiz.

Reguilon at Spurs is the standard we need.

We'll have to see how the next dozen games go with Aguero,and as for Messi,he would be incredible and i imagine we are the only option for him if he leaves Barca.I'd still rather we blew everyone away for Haaland though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.