Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laporta if elected wants to make aguero a statement summer signing if he wins sundays election.
Barcalona lost €97m last year, this years loss will be substantially higher.

Aguero is on €15M per annum, I just can’t see how they can sign him unless Messi leaves (who’s reportedly on €86,9m though maybe substantially higher if the leak is to be believed) to appease the fans

Undoubtably Messi brings substantial funds into the club however his economic value to a club like Manchester City would be much higher (in shirt sales / increase in ad revenue) than the loss to Barca And our offer is more like €55m a year (if recent reports are to believed) though is it a ten year offer.

The only way I can see Messi playing with Aguero is at Man City and even that’s unlikely as we only play with one striker and he’s too expensive to play second fiddle to his replacement. If Laporta is signing Aguero it’s because Messi is leaving.....

Laporta if elected wants to make aguero a statement summer signing if he wins sundays election.
Seems a fair strategy to keep Messi imo. Messi doesn't care if Aguero has only a few years left. He just wants to enjoy the seasons left in himself and Aguero can help with that.

Suits us too if we are looking to offload in order to freshen up with the likes of Haaland.

But do Barca have enough money to sign Aguero? And do they have enough for the rest of the sigings they'll need in this new project?

It'll be a painful summer in terms of drawn out transfer sagas I think.

Aguero, who I really don't want to see leave our club, but really would you base your whole 2021/22 campaign on someone that has played less than a dozen games all season? Even City can see this, which is why they want him to prove his fitness prior to offering a new deal/extension.

You can see why their are so far in debt, as they have no business sense, and are just looking at yet another free transfer.

Barcelona is in the Copa del Rey final. -5 points in the league right now (still Atletico has a game in hand). Impossible to beat PSG and to advance into the quarterfinals of the UCL.
Laporta’s project can come true but not after 1 year of his presidency. It will take years to recover. If Messi stays, he won’t sniff an UCL trophy. I will be heartbroken even more.
How can you stay after 6 years of humiliations? 0-3 Juventus, 0-3 Roma, 0-4 Liverpool, 2-8 Bayern, 0-3 Juve again, 1-4 PSG. You may tolerate humiliations for 2 or 3 years, not for 6 Leo... it will be brainless not to leave.
Family man.

He stays cause his wife and childrens love Barcelona too much. They have all their benchmarks there and Messi is a family man more than anybody. He met his wife when he was fourteen , actually he has a real wife who did always believe in him. Most of the football players meet their wife when their are famous already and most of the time these womens come for the money and the fame but with Messi it's a complete different story.

He said in an interview his childrens and his wife were very sad when he made the decision to leave Barcelona and were so happy after when he decided to stay.

At his age today, family is more important than winning UCL.
https://www.goal.com/en/news/messis...-his-sons-tears-to/1mpozogbymuza1fep1f6vv3oz2

Last edited:
Seems a fair strategy to keep Messi imo. Messi doesn't care if Aguero has only a few years left. He just wants to enjoy the seasons left in himself and Aguero can help with that.

Suits us too if we are looking to offload in order to freshen up with the likes of Haaland.

But do Barca have enough money to sign Aguero? And do they have enough for the rest of the sigings they'll need in this new project?

Aguero will have to take a pay cut whichever club he plays for next season.

He is in serious decline physically and not played 90 minutes in nearly 12 months, he is in no position to dictate terms to anyone, unless be has a Lazarus return to form and fitness in the next 2 months.

Nothing will be more drawn out and painful as last summers Messi fiasco. I spent weeks refreshing this page and in the end had more ups and downs than a whores knickers. I've told myself that once the transfer fiasco starts again im putting this page on mute if possible until its sorted.

Family man.

He stays cause his wife and childrens love Barcelona too much. They have all their benchmarks there and Messi is a family man more than anybody. He met his wife when he was fourteen , actually he has a real wife who did always believe in him. Most of the football players meet their wife when their are famous already and most of the time these womens come for the money and the fame but with Messi it's a complete different story.

He said in an interview his childrens and his wife were very sad when he made the decision to leave Barcelona and were so happy after when he decided to stay.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/messis...-his-sons-tears-to/1mpozogbymuza1fep1f6vv3oz2
"at his age today, family is more important than winning UCL" as if he is 50 years old xdd
he is multi-millionaire, they can visit Barcelona all the time. He will play for City for 3 or 4 years and then they can return to Barcelona forever.
Antonella is the worst that happened to Messi fans - she made him unambitious and not hungry for trophies.

Aguero, who I really don't want to see leave our club, but really would you base your whole 2021/22 campaign on someone that has played less than a dozen games all season? Even City can see this, which is why they want him to prove his fitness prior to offering a new deal/extension.

You can see why their are so far in debt, as they have no business sense, and are just looking at yet another free transfer.
Thing is, Suarez is still banging them in for fun and they got rid of him for pennies. Aguero's just as talented, but hasn't been fit for a year. They'd probably offer him the same, plus a sign-on bonus.

I believe that messie and serge will be playing for us next season. I can however see the merits in serge joining Messi at barca, frees up foreign spot, large salary of the books desire to play with his best mate etc etc. It would also give us the room to go all out for Haaland. Seems we are going to have to wait and see.

Family man.

Read the actual interview and he said he was going to move despite his family wanting him to stay.

His family wanted to stay when he told Bartomeu he wanted to leave a year before everything blew up. His family wanted to stay when he spoke to City and arranged a deal. His family wanted to stay when he tried to cancel his contract with a burofax.

What he said in the interview was that as much as family is important, he's not going to let them stop him from making a move to finish his career on a high.

How is it possible for people to not understand that?

“The whole family began crying, my children did not want to leave Barcelona, nor did they want to change schools, but I looked further afield and I want to compete at the highest level"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.