Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t see how Barca can afford to keep him anyway? Now they also have to pay back the state aid they received? Wasn’t that €220m last November?
Unless this is something else that's occurring then it's limited to €5million per club with the actual amount set by the Spanish government. This is for the 5% reduction for non-profit making companies that the Spanish government in their wisdom gave to Real Madrid, Barcelona, Athletico Madrid and Sevilla(?).

When I say wisdom, I of course meant corruption.

Yep getting that feeling we don’t want him? I want him I guess we will find out in the summer or if Messi says he staying at Home.

People being reactionary again. This coming out before the election is totally useless and probably a stunt by Laporta. The way I see it right now, Barcelona is almost guaranteed a title win this season (Copa Del Rey) which will be a nice send off to their legend. Better than nothing. I never believed he needed to be down and sad in mood to want to leave.

Unless this is something else that's occurring then it's limited to €5million per club with the actual amount set by the Spanish government. This is for the 5% reduction for non-profit making companies that the Spanish government in their wisdom gave to Real Madrid, Barcelona, Athletico Madrid and Sevilla(?).

When I say wisdom, I of course meant corruption.
Not Sevilla, they've always been privately owned. Think it was Osasuna.

“Messi is closer than ever to staying at Barca”

It's hard to tell what is clickbait, what is propaganda from presidential candidates, and what is truth. I suspect this is the first two.

It's so foggy though. We just have to be patient and wait for July 1st. If he comes, great, if not we'll probably go all out for Haaland.

It's a nice problem to have compared to hoping we can keep Terry Cooke on loan.

Well this has changed from "we will make him an offer he can't refuse"

"I am sure that if someone else wins the election, Messi won't stay at the club. I have a good relationship with him; there's a lot of respect. We'll make him an offer based on the club's situation. Maybe we can't compete financially, but Messi is not ruled by money. He wants to end his career at the highest level possible."

Well this has changed from "we will make him an offer he can't refuse"

"I am sure that if someone else wins the election, Messi won't stay at the club. I have a good relationship with him; there's a lot of respect. We'll make him an offer based on the club's situation. Maybe we can't compete financially, but Messi is not ruled by money. He wants to end his career at the highest level possible."
So not at the current incarnation of FC Barcelona so.

"Well make him an offer based on the club's situation." (Trailing 4-1 to PSG and still to go to Paris?) "He wants to end his career at the highest level possible." (A club which is broke and has to reduce its wage bill quite drastically?) Neither statement marks Barcelona out as the obvious choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.