Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely prefer us to go looking for a Sergio Aguero lomg term replacement now. I would love to see Messi in a City shirt best footballer on the planet. But the best thing for Manchester City long term is find a striker who will be with us 10-12 years that can score 30 goals a season. Not an easy task but this is were scouts get paid to do their job.
The Messi deal is said to be separate to any of our summer business so as such it could be both a long term successor to Serg and Messi, not one or the other

Fernandinho’s 35, Aguero’s 33 soon and can’t keep fit, Mahrez and Gundogan are 30, KDB is 30 soon. I trust the board but I feel like we’re putting a lot of eggs into one basket when we have a lot of players to replace over the coming years. He won’t be the same player when he’s 36.

How much will Messi’s total contract cost? How much will it push wages up by? Will we really make a profit off increased sponsorships or will it benefit the Premiership more than us?

Fernandinho’s 35, Aguero’s 33 soon and can’t keep fit, Mahrez and Gundogan are 30, KDB is 30 soon. I trust the board but I feel like we’re putting a lot of eggs into one basket when we have a lot of players to replace over the coming years. He won’t be the same player when he’s 36.

How much will Messi’s total contract cost? How much will it push wages up by? Will we really make a profit off increased sponsorships or will it benefit the Premiership more than us?
I'm sure that the club knows all the answers to those questions. When have they let us down?

I'm sure that the club knows all the answers to those questions. When have they let us down?
They’ve not, but this is a unique situation. I just hope the numbers make sense.

What if we signed Haaland and Messi said ‘I want to play false 9’? Do we say no?

They’ve not, but this is a unique situation. I just hope the numbers make sense.

What if we signed Haaland and Messi said ‘I want to play false 9’? Do we say no?
Of course not, it would be a great problem to have. Certainly with Pep in charge we are a highly adaptable team who can play multiple systems. It would be great if we got both.

Juventus is a publicly listed company. Look up their stock price on a chart (I'm trying to add it here but might mess it up I'm not the most tech savvy). Look what happens to the valuation when Ronaldo signs.

City's owners, including the American and Chinese investors, can make a killing if an equivalent event happens for City, which would be signing Messi.

It doesn't matter what happens on the pitch. If they have the chance to do this deal, they will do it.

Attachments

• 20210221_192316.jpg
    20210221_192316.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 57

We would play as we do now.

----------Haaland---Messi
--Foden-----de Bruyne-----Sterling
------------Rodri----Cancelo
--Zinchenko----Dias-----Stones
----------------Ederson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.