Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernandinho’s 35, Aguero’s 33 soon and can’t keep fit, Mahrez and Gundogan are 30, KDB is 30 soon. I trust the board but I feel like we’re putting a lot of eggs into one basket when we have a lot of players to replace over the coming years. He won’t be the same player when he’s 36.

How much will Messi’s total contract cost? How much will it push wages up by? Will we really make a profit off increased sponsorships or will it benefit the Premiership more than us?
He’s not been the same player for over 2 years now and the decline could accelerate within a few months

He’s not been the same player for over 2 years now and the decline could accelerate within a few months
For OVER 2 years? Messi got the Ballon d’Or in 2019, didn’t he? And hit „double-double” by 20+ goals and 20+ assists in the 19/20 season (did anybody do that?)
Also, he was the top scorer in Europe for 3 consecutive seasons recently.
So tired of those doubting Messi.
Where have you been for the last decade?

That leaves out two of our current best players.
I don’t know if people remember a report from earlier in the season about how the club thought five or six players were “untouchable” but that for the rest they were willing to listen to offers next summer. So.

They’ve not, but this is a unique situation. I just hope the numbers make sense.

What if we signed Haaland and Messi said ‘I want to play false 9’? Do we say no?

Yes. Pep has never been dictated to by anyone, why would he start now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.