Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the very first time I'm starting to think that I'm not convinced Messi coming would be the best thing for the team, and I'd have laughed at myself even a few months ago for even suggesting that. We are that damn good as a unit now that I'd have a slight worry that him coming in on enormous wages and being, in some ways, bigger than the club, might upset the apple cart. Would Haaland come if Messi was coming? If I had a choice now between Messi and Haaland I'd chose Haaland.

I do understand that this move might be more about the club's profile than football, but would Pep accept that? It seems a mad thing to say but now he has developed this team unit, could he decide Messi is too big a risk?
My thinking from the start.

I recognise his unique influence but i don't want him here.Not as though i ever thought it was realistic anyway.

Haaland is the future.

A risk to the team spirit and ethos he has built. I thought I explained that.
Magnificent player, the greatest player of his generation by a large margin, but a Barcelona legend and he always will be, even IF he did sign for us.

Haaland could replace Messi as a generational talent and IF he signed for us, he would be our legend, our hero and is at an age he could be the worlds greatest striker for the next 10 years.

Presidential elections are never short on promises and this one is no different: Guardiola would be brought back (was that Laporta?), club legends would be brought back as coaches, world class players and "superstars" would arrive and the debts would be "rescheduled" and now Laporta is going to make Sergio a (will there be more than one?) statement signing. The facts are the the election is on Sunday but the "statement signing" won't be before the summer, if at all ... Messi has said he won't make decisions about his future until summer : Sergio has said he'll decide his future in the summer. Neither has said they'll let Laporta decide their futures for them. Laporta is like the other candidates, trapped in very difficult circumstances, made a lot more difficult by the decision that their tax breaks are in fact illegal state aid, and trying to deal with the most urgent problem first. That problem now is the election, once that's won he'll think about how to pay the bill.

For the very first time I'm starting to think that I'm not convinced Messi coming would be the best thing for the team, and I'd have laughed at myself even a few months ago for even suggesting that. We are that damn good as a unit now that I'd have a slight worry that him coming in on enormous wages and being, in some ways, bigger than the club, might upset the apple cart. Would Haaland come if Messi was coming? If I had a choice now between Messi and Haaland I'd chose Haaland.

I do understand that this move might be more about the club's profile than football, but would Pep accept that? It seems a mad thing to say but now he has developed this team unit, could he decide Messi is too big a risk?
I think you are right my friend . Joao Cancelo said it all in an interview : “The moment we lose the ball, we react very fast. Sometimes when I watch our videos, I can see the moment one of us loses possession, within seconds we have lots of players behind the ball. I believe that is the secret for a team’s success..."

That is what i was trying to explain when i said in this thread Messi's arrival would harm the team's balance because he walks most of the time and doesn't do his defensive job. I also said Messi's arrival is a gift and a curse. Some people said to me i was crazy. I also said even Pep wants him to stay at Barcelona because he knows football better than us.

I prefer Haaland too, he's a beast full of energy and will fit perfectly with the mentality of the team.

My thinking from the start.

I recognise his unique influence but i don't want him here.Not as though i ever thought it was realistic anyway.

Haaland is the future.
Haaland is the future of what? A fast lanky boy with good shooting and zero technical abilities, next joke please. How can haaland ever be the best player, he literally does nothing on the pitch but shoot the ball.

Although I agree with you no need to bring Messi and his unnecessary package.

Here are some Messi's stats. Last one(the picture) is out of this world! Not that the others are too much behind :)

First of all, for me Messi is actually not about the incredible stats. It's about his playing ability and his unparalleled way of dribbling 1-2-3-4-5-6 players while in motion and in tight space and not losing the ball but making a positive final contribution or goal. He did that very frequently and multiple times in a game.
But stats are important too. So:

The most dribbles competed in Europe's top 5 leagues in 2020/21:
Adama Traore - 105 (0 goals and asists though in PL)
Lionel Messi - 100
Javi Galan - 82
Rodrigo de Paul - 79
Zambo Anguissa - 78

Goals+Asists 2021
Lionel Messi, Barcelona 18 (14 goals, 4 assists)
Luis Muriel, Atalanta 16 (9 goals, 7 assists)
Antoine Griezmann, Barcelona 16 (7 goals, 9 assists)
Erling Haaland, Borussia Dortmund 14 (10 goals, 4 assists)
Duvan Zapata, Atalanta 13 (7 goals, 6 assists)
Jadon Sancho, Borussia Dortmund 13 (7 goals, 6 assists)
Robert Lewandowski, Bayern Munich 12 (10 goals, 2 assists)
Andre Silva, Eintracht Frankfurt 12 (9 goals, 3 assists)
Ilkay Gundogan, Manchester City 12 (9 goals, 3 assists)
Bruno Fernandes, Manchester United 12 (8 goals, 4 assists)

In the 21st century, only 3 players have managed 40+ Goal contributions in a top-5 league season on more than one occasion.
1. Messi 10 (63% of his seasons)
2. Ronaldo 6 (38%)
3. Suarez 3 (30%)

Football after 2009:
Most Goals: Messi
Most Assists: Messi
Most Key passes: Messi
Most dribbles: Messi
Most FreeKicks: Messi
Most Ballon D'ors: Messi
Most Golden Boots: Messi
Most chances created: Messi

Valid at 28-11-2020:
Top 10 Players with most dribbles completed in UCL since 2004/05 season:
Lionel Messi 639
Cristiano Ronaldo 405
Neymar 313
Andres Iniesta 265
Frank Ribery 265
Eden Hazard 217
Arjen Robber 213
Hulk 190
Marcelo 185
Douglas Costa 177

Most goals participation in a calendar year in history:
1 - Messi - 113 (2012)
2 - Gerd Muller - 97 (1972)
3 - Pele - 96 (1958)
4 - Messi - 95 (2011)
5 - Messi - 90 (2016)

Career goals:
Total: 745 (0.80 per game)
La Liga: 463 (0.91 per game)
Copa Del rey: 54 (0.68 per game)
Champions League: 119 (0.80 per game)
Argentina: 87 (0.53 per game)

2001 to 2020 in 20 years Messi had the most goals+assists contributions 9 times!!!!
2 times Henry and all the others once.

140728099_1126090567845752_4327400717794867048_n.jpg

I think you are right my friend . Joao Cancelo said it all in an interview : “The moment we lose the ball, we react very fast. Sometimes when I watch our videos, I can see the moment one of us loses possession, within seconds we have lots of players behind the ball. I believe that is the secret for a team’s success..."

That is what i was trying to explain when i said in this thread Messi's arrival would harm the team's balance because he walks most of the time and doesn't do his defensive job. I also said Messi's arrival is a gift and a curse. Some people said to me i was crazy. I also said even Pep wants him to stay at Barcelona because he knows football better than us.

I prefer Haaland too, he's a beast full of energy and will fit perfectly with the mentality of the team.

Like you are really worrying about unnecessary things. I also feel we should give up our messi dreams and think about the future, I feel the Messi train closed last summer.

But you are not meant to be worried about how messi fits though, that is on Pep to figure out how to get the best out of him while also hiding his weaknesses. Like I would prefer we buy pedro neto over Messi also. My main problem with Messi is just the outside noise it would bring.

Like you are really worrying about unnecessary things. I also feel we should give up our messi dreams and think about the future, I feel the Messi train closed last summer.

But you are not meant to be worried about how messi fits though, that is on Pep to figure out how to get the best out of him while also hiding his weaknesses. Like I would prefer we buy pedro neto over Messi also. My main problem with Messi is just the outside noise it would bring.
Neto over Messi. Got to be the most ridiculous thing ever said on any football forum... ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.