Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have constantly watched Barca in the last 15 years. We don't need Messi, and we would be worse with him, I am sure of it. Messi 3 years ago, for sure, but that ship sailed a long time ago.

Cons:
- Messi runs around 8 km per game. That's soso low for football these days. That would mess our press game profoundly.

- Watch a couple of Barca games, and you'll see people like Busquets and Alba who are constantly passing the ball to Messi in difficult positions instead of a better pass to another teammate. Messi is such a legend of the game, that maybe some of our players will focus too much on giving the ball to Messi which would impact us negatively.

- His wages. He's on 50m right now. He's one of the main reasons why so many Barca players have really high salaries.

- His level, especially against top physical competition is not that high. He will still have incredible matches against low level competition, but against the top Messi hasn't had a great game in a very very long time.

I have constantly watched Barca in the last 15 years. We don't need Messi, and we would be worse with him, I am sure of it. Messi 3 years ago, for sure, but that ship sailed a long time ago.

Cons:
- Messi runs around 8 km per game. That's soso low for football these days. That would mess our press game profoundly.

- Watch a couple of Barca games, and you'll see people like Busquets and Alba who are constantly passing the ball to Messi in difficult positions instead of a better pass to another teammate. Messi is such a legend of the game, that maybe some of our players will focus too much on giving the ball to Messi which would impact us negatively.

- His wages. He's on 50m right now. He's one of the main reasons why so many Barca players have really high salaries.

- His level, especially against top physical competition is not that high. He will still have incredible matches against low level competition, but against the top Messi hasn't had a great game in a very very long time.
Lol. We’ll just play him against the shit teams them to give Jesus and delap a rest

Cons:

Complete and utter horse shit.

Cons:

You saying he hasn’t had a great game against top competition in a very long time makes me wonder if you’ve actually been watching Messi for 15 years like you say. As if he didn’t have a belter of a game against PSG not even a month ago...

Complete and utter horse shit.
Where? He runs around 8 km per game. That's a fact. His wages are 50m, that's a fact. Busquets and Alba are always looking to pass him the ball even when they have a teammate in a better position. That's a fact. The only subjective thing is that I think his level is not that high against elite competition in the last 2 years.

Messi is still a top 5-10 player in the world, and he's, in my opinion, the best player ever. I have watched more than 500 games from him. But a top 5 player is not enough to risk the playstyle of the team. It's not enough to pay 50m or more per year.

You saying he hasn’t had a great game against top competition in a very long time makes me wonder if you’ve actually been watching Messi for 15 years like you say. As if he didn’t have a belter of a game against PSG not even a month ago...
I wouldn't call that a belter of a game. He had a very good game, but Barca was already down 4-1. The first match against Paris, the last games against Madrid, Copa del Rey against Sevilla, last year against Bayern, Roma, Liverpool in Anfield. The last big game I remember from him is 3-0 Camp Nou against Liverpool and vs Real Madrid 2-3 years ago when Barca beat them 2-3 with a last-minute goal by Messi.

I wouldn't call that a belter of a game. He had a very good game, but Barca was already down 4-1. The first match against Paris, the last games against Madrid, Copa del Rey against Sevilla, last year against Bayern, Roma, Liverpool in Anfield. The last big game I remember from him is 3-0 Camp Nou against Liverpool and vs Real Madrid 2-3 years ago when Barca beat them 2-3 with a last-minute goal by Messi.
4-1 down yet singlehandedly gave Barca a glimmer of hope in coming back, something that seemed impossible pre match. You’re also forgetting Messi v Dortmund last year and him tearing Napoli and our number one CB target in Koulibaly in August. Copa del Rey against Sevilla last month, he was the best player on the pitch. If you watched the game and not just the stat line you would’ve known that.
Messi would absolutely do bits here. You could even make the argument he’s over performing for a poorly coached, poorly built team. You should know that first hand.

4-1 down yet singlehandedly gave Barca a glimmer of hope in coming back, something that seemed impossible pre match. You’re also forgetting Messi v Dortmund last year and him tearing Napoli and our number one CB target in Koulibaly in August. Copa del Rey against Sevilla last month, he was the best player on the pitch. If you watched the game and not just the stat line you would’ve known that.
Messi would absolutely do bits here. You could even make the argument he’s over performing for a poorly coached, poorly built team. You should know that first hand.
I agree he played well against Sevilla and he was the best with Griezzman and Alba, but for 50m I want a player that, in 70% of big matches, is by far the best player on the pitch, and I don't think Messi has that level now.

What I am trying to say is that I don't think he is worth 50m for our team. He is great, but he'd also be bigger than the club, and the club would need to change a lot of his offensive to fit him in. I remember like 4 years ago, when Messi got injured for a couple of months, Barca played even better and they destroyed Madrid 1-4 in Bernabeu. Messi at his best is the best football player in history, but he produces that level rarely now, and I think he would make us depend too much on him.

For 20-30m and if he accepts he won't be the center of 80% of the offensive from City, great. For 50m, it's a pass from me.

But if we signed him, I really hope that everything I'm saying is BS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.