Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Messi leaves Barcelona, they will be completely done for. He has pretty much single handedly attracted fans from all over the world, and sponsorship. When he leaves, many of the fans will leave also, they will have no players anywhere near his profile, so sponsors will not be quite so plentiful or generous. And mountains of debt to think about.
Ansu Fati

This 33 yo Messi who is way past it now has just scored 38 goals in his last season. He's quite a good player still and I think we should go in for him. Past it, my arse

Surely they wont make this:

La Liga president Javier Tebas has warned Barcelona that they could fail to register Lionel Messi for next season if they don't reduce their wage bill. Tebas said he hopes Barcelona can keep Lionel Messi. But due to the La Liga salary cap they would need to cut their losses somewhere else. He stated:

"Barcelona have exceeded their wage cap. I hope they can keep Messi, but to do so, they will have to make cuts elsewhere."
Prior to the global pandemic, Barcelona had the largest wage bill in La Liga at €671 million. However, according to the new rules, the salary cap currently stands at €382.7 million. This could prevent the Catalan giants from registering Messi, whose most recent deal was worth well over €500 million.

However, Tebas believes Barcelona can get out of this sticky situation and re-sign Lionel Messi if they can restructure their finances. The Catalans face a massive debt which currently stands at a staggering €1.2 billion

They have just signed Aguero, Garcia and Depay although on a free will add to their wage bill?!

You mean Beckham ? I'm sure he's pushing it

This idea he will go to Inter Miami baffles me

When I last ready it they made it sound like he would stay at Barcelona and then go to Inter Miami and made it sound like there was or was going to be a specially relationship between the two clubs like city and NYCFC or one of our partner clubs like Bolivar

This is not true yet anyway and why would it ever be ? Beckham has his links to Real no one can buy Barcelona Barcelona are skint no connections on either board

And why would Messi limit himself to a club ? He can just keep singing one year extension at Barcelona and then when he wants to move move where he wants not sure MLS interests him that much but if it does why Inter Miami and not one of the other clubs

If that kid comes back as strong as before, we could be watching the new Messi in the next few years.

Incredible talent.

Assuming that happens that’s years down the line and even more year down the line from a marketing point of view

Must confess I have not noticed him at all

This idea he will go to Inter Miami baffles me

When I last ready it they made it sound like he would stay at Barcelona and then go to Inter Miami and made it sound like there was or was going to be a specially relationship between the two clubs like city and NYCFC or one of our partner clubs like Bolivar

This is not true yet anyway and why would it ever be ? Beckham has his links to Real no one can buy Barcelona Barcelona are skint no connections on either board

And why would Messi limit himself to a club ? He can just keep singing one year extension at Barcelona and then when he wants to move move where he wants not sure MLS interests him that much but if it does why Inter Miami and not one of the other clubs
Inter Miami is a strange one......more so,Marcelo Claure owns Bolivar,he also has a 35% stake in Girona fc,so he does do business with CFG.
But,he is also chairman and co owner of Inter Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.