The Midlands

missing person

Birmingham is not the second city as they proclaim, Coventry vacant and Nuneaton a one horse town. Absolute pony I suppose in line with the rest of Britain though, Manchester is miles better!
I think it goes without saying

Birmingham is not the second city as they proclaim, Coventry vacant and Nuneaton a one horse town. Absolute pony I suppose in line with the rest of Britain though, Manchester is miles better!
I think it goes without saying
West Mids is a depressing shit tip. Birmingham isnt the winner of the annual arsehole of England award for nothing.

The East very different. Living in Nottingham I'm a tad biased mind...

More canals than Venice, more trees than Paris, Birmingham city centre is much improved from where it was even 10 years ago let alone 20, south Birmingham is very leafy, if look from the centre south there are very few tall buildings and all you can see is trees, north Birmingham is a bit of a shit hole, but then every City has shit areas.

As for it not being the second city, it has the second largest population after London, over quarter of a million more people than Leeds which is in third place, Manchester only just making the top 10, Birmingham being more than twice its size.

Manchester may have claims to be cooler or trendier, depending on taste, but places like Harpurhey are hardly centres of culture and forward thinking.

Served in Birmingham for a couple of years when in the mob, and it's quite a nice place actually. Friendly people as well. The city centre is a good night out. However, they eat cold black pudding...!!

Well they do say " you can tell a Brummie.....but you cant tell him much" The best things to come out of the midlands is Black Sabbath and the M6,the fucking accent is depressing to say the least and most come here in the summer.

I always thought it was a Yorkshire man you can tell but you cant tell him much and the accent is wholly awful (only probably Scouse is worse), still Birmingham is the second city and is twice the size of Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.