The Miracle of Castel di Sangro

Yeah it's a great read

Have you read Dynamo by Andy Dougan, another awesome story

One of the best football books ever. Story of a season spent with a lower division club from a village that made it into the big time. Think Oswaldtwistle Rovers getting into the championship. And if you like Italy it gives such a good feel for living there. Written by a Yank but don't let that put you off, he's got a way with words.

Sounds good. Think I'll buy it.

If you like that kind of thing 'A Season With Verona' by Tim Parks is superb. Gives a real insight into Italian culture and is the best description of what it means to be a football fan I have ever read.

Don't think it is an exageration to say it is the most enjoyable book I have read about any sport.

The writer got very lucky as just about everything that could happen off the field to a club in one season did.

ono said:
Thanks to everyone on this thread i decided to order the book from amazon. Also ordered the Verona one aswell. So cheers, i'll let you know what i think.

Order Why England Lose whilst you're there. Just a fascinating book for the first half of it that does the whole mythbuster thing on much of the myths surrounding English football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.