The Mitchell Arms

The Landlord was telling me that someone had bought the building and put the rent up five fold. Him and his wife had been tenant landlords there for over 20 years and were absolutely gutted to be leaving.

My dad and uncle were chatting with the bloke who's always on the door when we went in for a pint before the last game of the season and he said it was closing, I think he said the brewery wanted too much money from the landlord who couldn't afford it so it's closing, possibly to be developed into housing. Shook everyone's hand when leaving so it seemed to be a definite "farewell".
Real shame as we park round there and was a good place to go for a drink after going to the Chinese chippy near it before the matches. Can't afford to drink in City Square every week!

M22 WOODHOUSE PARK said:
The Landlord was telling me that someone had bought the building and put the rent up five fold. Him and his wife had been tenant landlords there for over 20 years and were absolutely gutted to be leaving.

That's a real shame! He seemed like a decent chap. It nearly closed back in 2009.

Developed in to housing? But there's loads of empty houses right next to it. Pah!

Thisishowitfeels said:
My dad and uncle were chatting with the bloke who's always on the door when we went in for a pint before the last game of the season and he said it was closing, I think he said the brewery wanted too much money from the landlord who couldn't afford it so it's closing, possibly to be developed into housing. Shook everyone's hand when leaving so it seemed to be a definite "farewell".
Real shame as we park round there and was a good place to go for a drink after going to the Chinese chippy near it before the matches. Can't afford to drink in City Square every week!
Shame that, we had our redundancy piss up in there when our factory around the corner shut down, proper boozer, not many left now

blue underpants said:
Thisishowitfeels said:
Shame that, we had our redundancy piss up in there when our factory around the corner shut down, proper boozer, not many left now
P.S. note on the landlord, this was 18 years ago so i suppose its him that has gone, great bloke, when he found out what happened he got the first round in and there was a lot of us in that afternoon, so sad this

the pub up the road THE BANK OF ENGLAND is open again walk past the other day and people sitting outside drinking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.