The modern penalty

Penalties. The scourge of modern football. Games decided by an innocuous nudge when going nowhere. #banthepen

Penalties. The scourge of modern football. Games decided by an innocuous nudge when going nowhere. #banthepen
The only time a spot kick should awarded when there is a red card for the denial of a goal scoring oppty

The only time a spot kick should awarded when there is a red card for the denial of a goal scoring oppty
What about sneezes? Or if an attacker chips a nail?

In my opinion this is a bigger issue than the application of VAR or handball

What about sneezes? Or if an attacker chips a nail?

In my opinion this is a bigger issue than the application of VAR or handball
Direct kick from the spot of the foul. Most penalties get awarded for action in the box that is nowhere close to a goal scoring opportunity.

Retroactive evaluation of diving behaviour should be implemented as well; and the criteria should be compared to an individuals prior attempts to withstand pressure outside of the area. For example trying to box someone out at the byline.

Direct kick from the spot of the foul. Most penalties get awarded for action in the box that is nowhere close to a goal scoring opportunity.

Retroactive evaluation of diving behaviour should be implemented as well; and the criteria should be compared to an individuals prior attempts to withstand pressure outside of the area. For example trying to box someone out at the byline.
The problem is that the reward of a pen encourages players to go down from a light touch.
The penalty has been around forever, I can’t believe this has never been addressed

It's a good idea but I fancy that Raheem would be one on one with de Gea and the ref and VAR would not see it as 'an opportunity', whereas a ball toe ended from the Rag area going out for a throw after it hit a Rag on the back of the head would be!
To be fair raheem being one on one with de Gea isn’t a goal scoring opportunity given his record against them!

One penalty that pissed me off more than others at the time was against Palace away a few seasons ago. Sterling and Zaha both chasing the ball in the box, both calfs brush against each other, Zaha goes down, Sterling doesnt, instant penalty to Palace. Fucking pathetic decision. Silence from the commentators and pundits because they didnt want to admit that it was a dive, the just wanted Citys winning run to end.
Think Ederson saved the pen anyway and the game finished 0 0.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.