The modern penalty

Sir peace frog

Team supported
Manchester City Football Club
A new phrase that I'm sure will do the rounds, before I start, I think it was definitely a penalty yesterday, however mourinho imo is correct, slight contact in the box players are hitting the floor, V.A.R will take a look, slow it down, different angles then give the decision, but the problem when they slow it down and there is a slight contact then it's deemed a penalty, but the penalty should only be given if there is sufficient contact to bring players down ,

Mourinho can call it whatever he likes but clearly kicking a player in the box always was and always will be a penalty. He should probably ask a few of his players, Kane especially if he is OK after going down with minimal contact most of the game.

It's a culmination of players cheating, diving and manipulating referees season after season after season. We blame refs, but it's down to players and pundits for not calling it what it is. Witness Kane's ridiculous screaming and clutching his ankle yesterday for the free kick. He wasn't called on it and never will be. Players and managers are to blame.

It's a culmination of players cheating, diving and manipulating referees season after season after season. We blame refs, but it's down to players and pundits for not calling it what it is. Witness Kane's ridiculous screaming and clutching his ankle yesterday for the free kick. He wasn't called on it and never will be. Players and managers are to blame.

Completely agree with the majority of this but refs are just as much an issue as the managers and players for falling for it im afraid and the powers in charge of the game for not bringing sanction on the cheats who week in, week out con their way to points and results.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.