The mods vs the rockers?

W W

worsleyweb

Never really known much about it before but going to watch quadraphonia the film on Sunday and just watched the trailer!

was anyone a mod or a rocker and what was the violence all about?

Never really known much about it before but going to watch quadraphonia the film on Sunday and just watched the trailer!

I was about 12 or 13 when the fashion was at it's height.
My older brother was a rocker with his Triumph Bonneville motorcycle.
I wanted to be a rocker as I hero worshipped my brother and I loved his motorcycle.
By the time I got to 18 it was all over really.
I think the fighting was just like football hooligans really, working class lads looking to prove how hard they are.

Latter day mod too, saw the film in 1979
My m8 Andy had a Vespa
He spent a fortune on it Too
Still love the Gear, The Music and theres plenty to see too on You Tube from the old Days
Plus of Course THE WHO!!!

I dont know how true this is, but i'm sure i've read somewhere that the mods v rocker violence thing was massively overhyped by the press of the time, and infact apart from the brighton incident, there was little else really.
Bit before my time.
Quadraphonia is a great film, phil daniels, ray winstone, lesley ash, sting, toyah etc and a top soundtrack.

In Brighton the weekend we won the league trying to figure out the landmarks from the film
Made a point of finding the aptly named Quadrophenia Alley for a pic
Iconic when growing up
“We are the Mods”

In 60s Manchester the mods and rockers never really clashed. The mods were smart and trendy and mod girls were something else with their smart stylish clothes including the first mini skirts. The rockers had greasy hair and a face full of spots and when you saw their boyfriends they were ugly as well ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.