The mods vs the rockers?

That alley I think is in East Street Brighton
It became a sort of a shrine with people from all over the world Signing their names on the original front door
It's all blocked off nowadays
It’s not
See my pics earlier in the thread from the day after we won the league down there
Yep it’s East Street

Watched Quadrophenia a few months back for the first time, given it sounded like something i'd enjoy. I dunno, I found the whole film a bit dull from what i'd been led to believe. Guess you had to be there to appreciate it more. Prolly would have been a rocker, all things considered.

I'm more a "it doesn't matter what you ride, just that you ride" kind of mentality.
Correct. I've got a couple of bikes but i'd have no problem riding a scooter either. In fact they look like a right laugh.
Riding a slow bike flat out everywhere is brilliant fun.
I can see the attraction.

Historically yes but post WW2 there was very little in the way of organised football violence until the mid 60s.
I agree, not many went to away games until probably late 60s. The advent of football specials probably played a big part in the escalation of football violence. The original football specials used to arrive in town hours before 3pm and sometimes didn't leave till 9pm giving plenty of time in the pub before and after the game
I would have said most of the violence then wasn't organised that probably started late 70s

I was the 2nd wave mod . It used to be pretty edgy down in the underground market on Market st with the punks . My mate had a cig put out on his cheek once .Great times .

from watch i understand its was the (rocker) older blokes vs youth (mods)
the fashion ? rocker more usa 50s based style. the mods was more Italian made suits and 60s styles

love the film and music by the who and 5.15 is properly the best song in the film

I’ve always been into Mod-influenced fashion (never the music though). From about 12 years old though to today, as an early 50s FOC, I’ve always worn tapered 501s, desert or monkey boots, buttoned up Smedley’s, button down Oxford shirts, Shetland jumpers, suits/ jackets, Harringtons, knee length button through overcoats etc.
When I’m over in the UK I usually make an effort to drop into John Simons in London to pick up some things.
The only real change for me is that nowadays, thanks to the fuckin’ Proud Boys, I can’t wear any Fred Perry.

Loved The Jam, went to many of their concerts not understanding the difference until Finsbury Park in 1981 - we were chased by both rockers and skinheads. Managed to escape both, but missed the the tube to the hotel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.