The mods vs the rockers?

In 60s Manchester the mods and rockers never really clashed. The mods were smart and trendy and mod girls were something else with their smart stylish clothes including the first mini skirts. The rockers had greasy hair and a face full of spots and when you saw their boyfriends they were ugly as well ;-)
yep spot on

Rockers , we used to hang out with the boys with bikes at the local disco , got me obsessed with motobikes , back when we didnt wear helmets !

I was a mod but not by my own choice, I wanted a motorbike but Mother wouldn't let me have one, she said they were to dangerous, Mam and Dad had a few words over it and in the end she let me have a scooter, I bought a Lambretta TV 175 this was 1963, the place I worked at in Manchester had a mixture of mods and rockers, I was always mithering the rockers for a go on their bikes and a few let me ride them, since I left home in the 70s I've always had a motor bike and ride one now.

I can remember being at school mid 60`s, a gang of lads would come over and ask you if you were a mod or rocker, if you said rocker they would duff you up, good days.

One of the actual Lambrettas used in the film, seen in the clip on the way to Brighton, is in a 40 ft storage container in Ellesmere Port. I bought a few engines off the guy and the wall is covered in photos, he uses/ hires it only for film and filming events. Sent a tingle down my spine just being there.

Ah yes. A young Lesley Ash getting shagged in the back passage
That alley I think is in East Street Brighton
It became a sort of a shrine with people from all over the world Signing their names on the original front door
It's all blocked off nowadays

Never had any problems with any of the groups be they Ted's, Mods, Punks, Rockers, the only ones who seemed to purely want violence was the skinheads who persisted in wandering around mob handed and kicking the living shit out of everyone else - still makes me laugh how old skinheads today persist in saying it was a fashion thing - forgetting the kicking people's heads in with their mates thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.