The most challenging thing you’ve done?

Done a trek for charity across the Atlas mountains and climbed Mount Toubkal did well for an unfit fu*ker

Been thinking long & hard about this thread and I suppose being supportive for Mrs Moon during 2 bouts of Cancer is the answer, especially the second one which resulted in a Stem Cell transplant 3 years ago was so hard.

The support network for patents at places like Christie is fantastic but information & help for the person on the outside who is there 24/7 is/was crap. Luckily I'm mentally strong and was able to do what I needed & say the right things etc. I'd not wish it on anyone.

The illness resulted in my wife giving up work and following a dream by going S/E as a Spiritual Medium. I have no belief in that stuff but I go along to her events & festivals she performs in to set her stuff up etc & yesterday there was a McMillan stall there I was chatting to the girls on the stall and talking about the lack of support for partners ., not only mentally but in how to help patents and they said they've identified this issue of secondary support and are now trying to address it. Hopefully in the future support will be there for people.

Anyway I've digressed a little. Looking after my wife back to health was my biggest challenge and is my proudest moment.

Fair play to you and agree it is incredibly hard for someone to watch a loved one go through all of that. You have to be strong but sympathetic and hold it all together despite your own fears and emotions.

My Mum is going through her second cancer battle currently and sometimes when I ring my Dad I can hear how broken he is. He is an old school northern bloke who has always been so strong so to hear that in his voice is just as tough as seeing my Mum cope with the battle. They are both fighters though and will get through it.

I would like to issue a notice of correction to post 82 by taking the opportunity of apologizing unreservedly for my crass behaviour the other evening. I too had to endure that drowning upside down in a mock helicopter scenario and I screamed until they let me off and so it's been playing terrible on my mind that I asked Mr Cigar to man the fook up and so hopefully this is just water under the bridge and move on we must and I would just like to add that it was a very brave thing that he did.

i just spent 18 days so far out of my comfort zone I couldn’t even see it with binoculars.

I sailed nonstop single handed from Falmouth to Valencia in my 28ft boat.

1598nautical miles, 500 lucky strike fags ( ran out 2 days before the end), 1 dislocated finger, 3 gales , 1 swamping and virtually 0 sleep.
I got here on the 18th and am only now able to function semi normally again.

My fire has definitely not gone out.

I would be so far out my comfort zone id go literally mad!! Im scared stiff of the sea.
Id love to do something like that to push myself but reality is i dont have the bottle (and cant sail anyway)

Kudos to u

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.