The most challenging thing you’ve done?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gelsons Dad, 20 Jul 2019.

1. flook

flook

to the OP, you can tell by the answers here that what you have done is unusual, and I have to ask, why would you put yourself through that?

I was inspired by the story of Don Allum, transatlantic rower, went from the canaries to 'merica, which is very impressive in itself, then the fucker turned round and came back. Full of admiration for the achievement, but don't understand why he felt the need. Ultimately it resulted in his early death

2. beast

beast

I think the clue is in the title, challenge yourself.

3. Gelsons Dad

Gelsons Dad

Keeping her here for a year to cruise the Balearic Islands then head further east to Croatia or Greece.

4. nottsco2-0

nottsco2-0

Now that is a challenge and an achievement - good luck to you and yours pal - full respect to your challenge

5. nottsco2-0

nottsco2-0

I'm a Torbay lad these days, working right by the hospital now too

6. Gelsons Dad

Gelsons Dad

Exactly
    I used to do quite a challenging job now I teach in a classroom or simulator and whilst it’s satisfying it’s not challenging. I’ve been planning to cruise around the world when I retire so this is really training for that and confirmation that I’ve still got a bit of grit and determination. It was much harder than I had expected due to the bad luck I had with the weather but I now know what to expect in if not the worst conditions then something approaching them and also am reminded how to control my emotional state in extreme stress. Not had to do that since my military days and we all change over time.

7. JRockBlues

JRockBlues

Near where the "Welcome to Manchester" sign was
    White water rafting on class 4 rapids (highest level you could do commercially) while on a trek tour in Alaska.

FogBlueInSanFran likes this.
  8. Excellent.

9. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

I read the match day thread after we lost a game ...

10. flook

flook

mmm I find it challenging enough wading through the everyday shit life throws up without going out of my way to find more ways to grind myself down mentally and physically. Each to their own I guess