The most challenging thing you’ve done?

mmm I find it challenging enough wading through the everyday shit life throws up without going out of my way to find more ways to grind myself down mentally and physically. Each to their own I guess
Fair enough mate, but if you were to challenge yourself it might not grind you down, it might empower you or some shit like that.

i just spent 18 days so far out of my comfort zone I couldn’t even see it with binoculars.

I sailed nonstop single handed from Falmouth to Valencia in my 28ft boat.

1598nautical miles, 500 lucky strike fags ( ran out 2 days before the end), 1 dislocated finger, 3 gales , 1 swamping and virtually 0 sleep.
I got here on the 18th and am only now able to function semi normally again.

My fire has definitely not gone out.
Love Valencia, it's the best city in Spain imho. We'll done!

Just learned and binged pc gaming, from never using MnK for gaming to just useless in 1 month in competitive style fps games cs:go/bfv/apex legends.The learning curve was vertical and brutal. A twitch aim god who has gamed for 5 years hard gives noobs no quarter so i got hammered. Most would give in as it is very very hard to learn whilst in game with hardcore gamers. A lot of spawn, get shot instantly, spawn, get bombed instantly.

Now though if you are in my fov i'll snap on to you and take your head off with a Krag Jorgenson quick fast. I can get 30-10 or so now in a round if i go all try hard, give me a year and i'll be much better. At first though just being able to not get annihilated in every round was the devils own job. So i am not Shroud just yet but i can hang with the pro's now and hold my own.

I tried with console after but it is just to slow, it feels like it is in slow motion. Consoles do not have people cheating with aimbots and stuff though which is nice.

A sit on your arse challenge but a challenge it certainly was!
WTF are you on about? Is this another language, erm, bro?

There is something about public speaking that I always found daunting. Unfortunately, I had to present quite a lot as part of my job. The most challenging was to a couple of thousand people at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre. It used to stress me for weeks beforehand and then while I was presenting, it was fine and I really enjoyed it ‘in the moment’. Never got any better beforehand though no matter how many I did.

Yet another benefit of retirement.

Oh, we had three kids by the time I was 24. That was a bit of a challenge too :-)

I once sat through a staff development motivation day without battering the smarmy, cliched, boring **** delivering it, into a bloodied heap.

I did say at the end to him that it was the longest and most pointless day of my life.

i just spent 18 days so far out of my comfort zone I couldn’t even see it with binoculars.

I sailed nonstop single handed from Falmouth to Valencia in my 28ft boat.

1598nautical miles, 500 lucky strike fags ( ran out 2 days before the end), 1 dislocated finger, 3 gales , 1 swamping and virtually 0 sleep.
I got here on the 18th and am only now able to function semi normally again.

My fire has definitely not gone out.

Very impressive feat GD you daft bastard. It's pretty close to my idea of hell. The alone bit is fine, but the empty sea/middle of nowhere would terrify me.

Becoming a father to twins at the age of 43. They're 2 now and it's exhausting - but I truly love it and never have I felt such an extraordinary feeling and love as I do for the both of them. It's almost overwhelming at times.

I work away from home a lot and it gets harder and harder as they develop their personalities, to say bye bye to them on a Sunday evening.

Time for a career change soon.

That's a beautiful post fella. I'm not far from probably having kids myself. Probably inside the next couple of years, and reading stuff like that honestly makes it seem really exciting. I'll panic, struggle and be exhausted all the time, but its nice to know itll be worth it.

Walked down market street on a Saturday once. Still feel sick thinking about it.

Edit - most challenging thing was stepping on stage and playing to about 4000 pissed up people waiting for The Pogues as their support act at the Apollo. They did *not* want a rock band on before them, and the pint of piss thrown was testament to that. We won them over in the end though, which was nice. Heart was pounding like fuck though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.