The most successful English club of the past decade?

There is a Light

Currently Chelsea hold this accolade, but winning another one of the three trophies would put us alongside them as the most successful club of the last ten years. Not really important in the grand scheme of things, but at the same time, not something I thought I'd ever be giving serious thought to in the days of Alan Ball, Frank Clark and Stuart Pearce.

Chelsea - 1 x Champions League, 1 x Europa League, 3 x Premier League, 3 x FA Cup, 1 x League Cup (9)
City - 3 x Premier League, 1 x FA Cup, 4 x League Cup (8)
United - 1 x Europa League, 2 x Premier League, 1 x FA Cup, 2 x League Cup (6)
Arsenal - 3 x FA Cup
Leicester - 1 x Premier League
Wigan - 1 x FA Cup
Swansea, Birmingham, Liverpool -1 x League Cup

Edit - now correct numbers!

Last edited:
I was thinking about this the other day

Was wondering if there was a league table of the decade, see how we’d fair in that...

Currently Chelsea hold this accolade, but winning another two of the three trophies would put us alongside them as the most successful club of the last ten years. Not really important in the grand scheme of things, but at the same time, not something I thought I'd ever be giving serious thought to in the days of Alan Ball, Frank Clark and Stuart Pearce.

Chelsea - 1 x Champions League, 1 x Europa League, 3 x Premier League, 4 x FA Cup, 1 x League Cup (10)
City - 3 x Premier League, 1 x FA Cup, 4 x League Cup (8)
United - 1 x Europa League, 3 x Premier League, 1 x FA Cup, 3 x League Cup (8)
Arsenal - 3 x FA Cup
Leicester - 1 x Premier League
Wigan - 1 x FA Cup
Swansea, Birmingham, Liverpool -1 x League Cup
You've given the rags an extra league title there if we're using this season.

Well I've f*cked this up completely! Appears it's 2009-2019, though i thought it was 2010 onwards when I googled it.

Chelsea have in fact won 9 major trophies since 2010, so one more would put us alongside them, United have won 6 in the same period.
It should be 2009-10 to 2018-19.

Ten seasons where the winners are crowned in this decade.

Next season’s (2019-20) winners are crowned in the next decade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.