THE MYSTERY 4TH OFFICIAL

I'm dying for it to happen at City where I have to be one of the liners.Have been 4th Official for United and City reserves at OT in 2001 so would love to do it at a proper first team game.

Prestwich_Blue said:
It looks like John Wardle holding the board up! Usually there is an assessor at the match to monitor the performance of the ref. Given some of the refereeing performances we've seen recently I assume they don't bother any more.

They have assessors at all games in the Premier.I have started doing it myself,but only in M/C League.

SWSB said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It looks like John Wardle holding the board up! Usually there is an assessor at the match to monitor the performance of the ref. Given some of the refereeing performances we've seen recently I assume they don't bother any more.

They have assessors at all games in the Premier.

are they concious while assessing?

Hold on a minute.....

50792146br3.png
29239613eg6.png

BlueGeorge said:
I was reading in the paper a few weeks back about this i think, or it may have been a similar case. For some reason an official couldn't complete the match and they needed a replacement. They announced over the tannoy that anybody that had completed FA's refereeing course or w.e its called to come to the nearest steward. One lad thought he'd have a laugh and went for it, managed to convince the officials he was legitimate (which he was not) and he was used as the 4th official for the rest of the game.
Hope that helps

First post of many for me!!

lmao it was when the linesman/referee injured can't remember which it was, injured himself

Manchester_City_Blue said:
BlueGeorge said:
I was reading in the paper a few weeks back about this i think, or it may have been a similar case. For some reason an official couldn't complete the match and they needed a replacement. They announced over the tannoy that anybody that had completed FA's refereeing course or w.e its called to come to the nearest steward. One lad thought he'd have a laugh and went for it, managed to convince the officials he was legitimate (which he was not) and he was used as the 4th official for the rest of the game.
Hope that helps

lmao it was when the linesman/referee injured can't remember which it was, injured himself
What's the assistant doing? He seems to be looking at the 4th official's tie. "Ooh. nice tie." "Thanks, but it's only Marks & Spencers"

BlueGeorge said:
Hope that helps

Welcome RAG!

Trigger said:
BlueGeorge said:
Hope that helps

Welcome RAG!

lol

You had to have it George.

You chose the easy option of a 1st post on a Sunday morning when most of the forum are sleeping off the alcohol. Had you chose a Sunday afternoon, you woulda been bombarded!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.