The National - Sleep Well Beast

Hungarian blue

New album came out a week ago. Definitely worth a listen and I think it is up there with their best work so far, and I'm saying it as I'm having them currently as my fav band. It might sound a bit weird and shit for the first time, but here is a nice hint: it sounds so, so much better live. Maybe start with that or give it a listen shortly after you listened to the studio version.

Thankfully, their debut performance this year via Pitchfork is on YT in brilliant quality, 9 of their new songs were played there and it's huge:

Seen them a couple of times live - they're brilliant. Boxer and High Violet are two of my favourite albums. Haven't got round to Sleep Well Beast yet, but the reviews sound promising. Hoping to catch them at Hammersmith next week if I can find a last minute ticket.

Seen them a couple of times live - they're brilliant. Boxer and High Violet are two of my favourite albums. Haven't got round to Sleep Well Beast yet, but the reviews sound promising. Hoping to catch them at Hammersmith next week if I can find a last minute ticket.
I'm already done with my summer + concerts stuff for this year, but as they are seemingly only doing USA + UK, I'm 100% sure that next year there will be a more thorough Europe tour for the album, and as I only saw them once in Barcelona 3 years ago, it's a must for me no doubt.

Probably agree on the best albums, though Alligator is up there too. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.