The New European Elite

You are never going to roll back the clock in the CL, no matter how City fans might hate it, so how best to make it work for British teams who ALSO have a big PL season?

And, I clearly meant that scheduling Top 6 teams against each other on CL weekends. No reason for it, and PL should tell Sky and BT that CL team’s PL games are Fri night or Sat lunch.
So if we have 5 teams in it next season, how many of the 5 do you think should be on a Friday evening or Saturday lunch time? Sky doesn't give a fuck about Champions League as they don't show it. So you think they will go along with their top 5 marketable teams all playing on a Friday and Saturday lunchtime? And what if those 5 teams are playing League Cup games on a Wednesday - or will the broadcaster of those shows be happy that all of their top marketable teams all play on the Tuesday? Can't do that if Arsenal and Spurs are drawn at home in the League Cup.

As I said earler, the PL could schedule the group games so the 5 (4) clubs do not play each other before / after group games but that will result in a good number of those games being scheduled too in the later part of the season and the PL has no idea which of those teams will get to the latter stages when they produce the fixtures. If there are 5 teams in the competition, over the season that is a total of 20 games you are looking at arranging not to be around specific dates. Not as easy as it sounds..... City / Spurs / Liverpool / Chelsea cannot play the same weekend at home as United / Arsenal / Everton / Fulham (so the Championship fixtures now need to be checked too).

Broadcasters want a big game each weekend. Watching here in the States, NBC don't give a shit about Champions league.... on a Sunday they want one of the big 5 (OK, will concede the rags and go big 6 lol) not two games consisting of Burnley v Brighton and Palace v Southampton. It is crap for ratings and crap for advertisers and I will be honest, crap for viewers.

And why should other clubs / fans be inconvenienced (playing on Friday nights for example) to benefit the CL aspirations of the Big 4/5 so that that the Big 4/5 don't have to play a fellow Big 4/5 team on certain days that are deemed detremental to their Premier League campaign whilst increasing their revenue chasing CL glory.....

Last edited:
make no mistake,
if spurs win the champions league its puts firm pressure on us to deliver it sooner rather than later given our powerful resources

It was not fear. Only ourselves to blame. Aguero's penalty miss. Laporte's misplaced passes cost us the semi's. Moments like these that we should workout. Monaco, Schalke(away), Liver as examples.

i think the english game and teams as improved a little ?? but european football and the top teams has dip a lot ?? and the big 2 messi and ronaldo are coming to a end and don't really have enough to win games like they did on their own anymore, but i will say that youth and fitness levels will play a major part in football from now on and teams in the premier league really do go 90 min or more and go a little bit longer because of the premier league

its ok having just 1 or 2 teams in a league that is setup just for them to win each season ?? but it lacks fitness power and structure every week to preform at a level that you can not rest your best players or play your best team every week, the premeir league is the hardest league in the world and not only the top 6 teams but anybody can beat you if you rest your best players and take your eye of the ball

so the english game will start to dominate europe ?? and until the european clubs have a better league structure then the fitness levels of the premier league teams will always have a edge because of the premier league setup and all 20 teams fight tooth and nail home and away and don't give the top teams a easy ride

also what i will say is the so called big european clubs will not like the engish teams dominating europe and uefa will come up with something to cap it and try to keep the big european teams happy and maybe the european league is closer than we think ???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.