The NHS and its future

Oh right, let's not bother then. You've convinced me.

To answer your previous question re privatisation more seriously I have no issue with privatisation for non core services be it gardening, hospital maintenance or whatever but I do have an issue when it comes to cherry picking core services and patients ‘that would best optimise profit margins and performance stats’.

I could also argue that even on non core services there still has to be a profit margin built into a contract and that margin that could be best utilised elsewhere but I don’t feel strongly enough on it to make a case.

To answer your previous question re privatisation more seriously I have no issue with privatisation for non core services be it gardening, hospital maintenance or whatever but I do have an issue when it comes to cherry picking core services and patients ‘that would best optimise profit margins and performance stats’.

What about core services that are not cherry picked and which are not outsourced to optimise margins and performance stats? You've framed your reply in a very slanted way.

What you're saying is you are not in favour of bad privatisation. Well no shit, Sherlock. What about privatisation done well? Why are you opposed to that? Ideological grounds or some sound reasoning of which I am unaware?

Shurely shome mishtake...

For what? Accident leaves you paralysed. Have you paid enough tax for your lifetime care?

Because half the time it's on zero hours contracts with the state picking up the cost of subsidising the cheaper private employer.

per month I pay more than enough. Considering previous generations have clearly paid in nowhere near enough to justify their current care (hence the shortages), then I don't see why I should foot the bill in increased taxes for them to get it free, because if they've paid in enough to cover their care then you wouldn't need to raise my taxes.

What about core services that are not cherry picked and which are not outsourced to optimise margins and performance stats? You've framed your reply in a very slanted way.

What you're saying is you are not in favour of bad privatisation. Well no shit, Sherlock. What about privatisation done well? Why are you opposed to that? Ideological grounds or some sound reasoning of which I am unaware?

Core services will always be cherry picked or private firms will be compensated with public money to take on the more ‘unprofitable’ cases. Private firms take on Health services with the objective of making money. If I was a shareholder of such a firm I would expect this to be their objective. There is nothing inherently wrong in this I just do not believe that the profit motive works in Health services or indeed in Police or Fire services. The primary objective of a Health service should be the care and well being of the citizens it serves and not the financial well being of its shareholders. The two are mutually incompatible.

If May doesn’t get hold of the NHS problem quickly- it will bring down the government. This situation could spiral out of control very quickly.

If May doesn’t get hold of the NHS problem quickly- it will bring down the government. This situation could spiral out of control very quickly.

The labour will take it over, spend every waking minute blaming the Tories for all its ills and how they are spending more than anyone has done before etc etc etc.........then it brings the labour government down and the Tories take it over and spend every waking minute blaming Labour..................................................................................

Its a political football and most folk are sick to death of it being so!

We should get rid of our Nuclear deterrent and spend all of that on the NHS and elderly care. stop using our forces outside of the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.