The NHS and its future

I have no problem at all with that but think there may be issues from the pc brigade

Like it or not we are at the point were we either fix this thing so that it can go the next 70 years or we all face huge insurance costs and bills as we go totally private.

I have no problem at all with that but think there may be issues from the pc brigade

I'd be surprised if anyone disagrees with this. Why should tourists get treatment without paying a single penny in NI and will never come back after 7 days in the country.

Separately, I'd also start giving patients a breakdown of their treatment costs as very little information is known to the public plus some people might be willing to pay an extra voluntary contribution to cover it. I know I would if my kids ended up in hospital for something or if it was my own stupid fault that I ended up in A&E which usually the case.

Like it or not we are at the point were we either fix this thing so that it can go the next 70 years or we all face huge insurance costs and bills as we go totally private.
Iirc the cost of ‘tourists’ to the NHS is negligible in the grand scheme of things. I agree they should pay, but it’s a drop in the ocean compared to the money spent.

The nhs is already one of the most efficient healthcare systems in the world... but even that’s falling apart because of cherry picking the plum profit earning tasks by the private sector, brexit (no eu doctors/nurses want to be here, let alone the rest of the world), better conditions and pay in other English speaking countries for doctors/nurses, a health secretary bent on fulfilling his dreams as laid out in his own book - full privatisation, the list of crap being done to the nhs goes on and on.

It’s being pushed to its knees, probably deliberately, to force through eventual full privatisation.

What do they do in France?

I have relatives in the USA and their system is brutal.

If the Insurance won't pay out you lose your house and everything you have. The costs are incredible

Iirc the cost of ‘tourists’ to the NHS is negligible in the grand scheme of things. I agree they should pay, but it’s a drop in the ocean compared to the money spent.

The nhs is already one of the most efficient healthcare systems in the world... but even that’s falling apart because of cherry picking the plum profit earning tasks by the private sector, brexit (no eu doctors/nurses want to be here, let alone the rest of the world), better conditions and pay in other English speaking countries for doctors/nurses, a health secretary bent on fulfilling his dreams as laid out in his own book - full privatisation, the list of crap being done to the nhs goes on and on.

It’s being pushed to its knees, probably deliberately, to force through eventual full privatisation.

Like i said its a political football used as a stick to beat when it suits and make empty promises no party can ever keep.

It desperately needs to be a completely separate operation, not for profit, with zero government interference other than them passing on the funding the treasury has collected.

Jeremy Hunt now gets to sell off social care as well!

RIP NHS

I lived in Germany for many years and made use of their health system which is very impressive. Interestingly, the hospitals and GPS are private and plentiful. Coverage, however, is universal via health insurance which the state pays if you are out of work etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.