The NHS and its future

they don't get the same treatment... you obviously don't know how it works ......keep voting Tory and good luck in your old age (which will come to all of us)
Never voted Tory in my life and I’ll sort my old age out don’t worry I’ll be off to Switzerland first sign of dementia

Don't even go there ........my mother in law worked served in the Army, worked all her life in the NHS...... held down 2 or more jobs (even going from pub to pub selling whelks / cockles etc) ...... raised 3 kids on her own and is now in a care home

So far they have taken her house / her savings and her pension

This is your impression of her......... how fuckin dare you
Apologies for being naive but has it become that bad, in terms of appropriation of assets of the elderly, even if they have contributed throughout their life
Scary

Those pensioners you refer to are,i would suspect,the same ones that did fuck all in their working lives.So no,if they made the choice,then they deserve fuck all.

Deserving is irrelevant. It’s a subjective and arbitrary standard. Who says who is deserving? What is the criteria? Does it change over time? Do you add additional qualifications? What happens if someone doesn’t meet the standards? What happens if they did initially but no longer do? Are they and others that don’t meet the standard euthanised or cast out into the streets to fend for themselves?

Enlighten us to the practicalities.

Someone’s not man enough to hold their hands up and say they made a mistake, good moral fibre that. As long as they don’t lecture others on their moral compass.

I find the demonisation of benefit claimants pretty depressing to be honest. A decent, civilised society has an obligation to care for it's most vulnerable citizens. I'm sure there are people who take the piss, but I think the scale of the problem is exaggerated. The government and sections of the media have created a climate of hostility and suspicion towards those on benefits, often completely unfounded. As a result many in genuine need of help are stigmatised unfairly.

I find the demonisation of benefit claimants pretty depressing to be honest. A decent, civilised society has an obligation to care for it's most vulnerable citizens. I'm sure there are people who take the piss, but I think the scale of the problem is exaggerated. The government and sections of the media have created a climate of hostility and suspicion towards those on benefits, often completely unfounded. As a result many in genuine need of help are stigmatised unfairly.

One of your mods is chief ringleader. I'm not his biggest fan but it fuckin disgusting the bile he's spewed out on here the last few days. It must make you pretty sick reading it?

I agree wholeheartedly that those that can have a duty of care/obligation to help those that cannot,to believe otherwise would be irrational and immoral.I know there are people that take the piss,and i know they are happy to do so.Unfortunately and,i'll also use the word depressingly,the Jeremy Kyle generation is alive and plentiful,and its those that should be taken to task in regards their chosen existence.

@BobKowalski no,unfortunately i don't have the answers,all i know is that as it currently stands,society and the safety nets we,and previous generations,have worked so hard to create,are in danger of becoming extinct because of the abuse and subsequent strain they are being subjected to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.