The NHS and its future

And that paid for the war how? some confusion with income tax here me thinks. oh and war bonds.

because everyone was on the knees by the time war ended and the social tax funds (aka national insurance) were set up to help people directly affected by the war

Are you prepared to turn people away from hospitals without your requirement of ID?
Who is going to be the person at the door turning people away?
What are you actually going to do about the BMA?
Whenever they have been threatened by reform they don’t like they have replied that’s as a body they will resign from any NHS work. They have the power to do this because they could not be replaced.

Not sure were you get reforming the BMA from here as i'm not advocating they do. They are contracted and paid to treat patients and nothing i've suggested would stop them doing that in fact with better organisation and funding, it should help and improve their members lives and working day.

Would i turn someone away? No i wouldn't but id be looking for remuneration form a citizens country for any costs incurred although i dont believe it would be a major issue anyway as a majority of visitors to the country take out travel insurance like we do and any foreign workers having to take out a private healthcare provision as part of any working visa requirement.

Back to my OP though. Id like to hear your thoughts on how we fund and run the NHS for the next 70 years?

Are you prepared to turn people away from hospitals without your requirement of ID?
Who is going to be the person at the door turning people away?
What are you actually going to do about the BMA?
Whenever they have been threatened by reform they don’t like they have replied that’s as a body they will resign from any NHS work. They have the power to do this because they could not be replaced.
Why can't there be an Australian type system then where people visiting must have medical insurance and immigrants must lodge a sum of money with the state or if a company wishes to employ them a bond must be lodged by the company. If you don't use their health service in the first 7 years the monies returned with interest if you do it doesn't cost their tax payers.

I still think there's a huge amount of NHS misuse, that hopefully if cracked down on, would alleviate some of the current pressure.
  • Basic first aid and identifying when to go to A&E to be taught in school PSHE lessons.
  • An upfront charge for GP appointments to be refunded on attendance or cancellation.
  • Reopening of drop in centres for minor injuries to reduce A&E pressure.
  • High charge for abuse of A&E. I've heard 2 outrageous second hand stories this Christmas - one went to A&E because of a cold she wanted to shift before Christmas and couldn't get a GP appointment and the other went in with a stubbed toe. It's ridiculous and a fine is the only way to put people off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.