The NHS and its future

Yes it has..... despite being immobile from the waist down so unable to walk etc. Suffering from incontinence and early onset Alzheimers at the age of 84 she requires round the clock care. However despite all that she doesn't qualify for any aid so it goes like this

1) They take all your savings except for the last £23,000 (however she can only access £23 a week for incidentals).
2) Then they access the pensions and any state benefits (bearing in mind they remove the carers allowance of £80 a week because you are now in care)
3) if this isn't enough (and it usually isn't) the state will then top up the balance but you have to sign away your house.. This means that they can sell your house once you have died to recoup their payments. If you are a couple and one has gone into care they can only take the house once the last person has died.

Care homes in Trafford range from £500 to £900 a week so you can see how easily the money gets eaten up.
I’m sorry to hear this but there are ways round this unfortunately it’s to late for you but a good solicitor will have prevented much of this, my parents have put things in place to prevent this exact thing from happening. I totally agree it’s shit but it proves again that doing nothing in this country benefits you in the long run.

You’ll just end up funding mass cannabis psychosis caused by skunk and not giving any eXTRA to the NHS
Sorry mate I don’t agree.... the people who want to smoke weed already do. The fact that it is legal or not does not really effect this life choice. I wouldn’t expect people to suddenly become potheads just because it is legal. So I wouldn’t expect to see a significant increase in pot use, therefore I think your reasoning is flawed

People go on about the Tories fucking the NHS over but PFI which the last Labour government brought in has had a much bigger impact on the NHS than any cut

Absolutely bang on with that one!
Tony Blair and John Prescott got absolutely stitched up like a kipper by private enterprise
Who probably couldn’t believe their luck.

The tax payer takes the bill and the Tories take the blame.

Classic.

To get back on subject a Tory fopp interviewed after PMs QT today said that it will be funded from NI being applied to all workers, including those over 65.
I’d go further and apply NI to all income tax paying pensioners.

To get back on subject a Tory fopp interviewed after PMs QT today said that it will be funded from NI being applied to all workers, including those over 65.
I’d go further and apply NI to all income tax paying pensioners.
Jesus Christ that’s peoples pensions rinsed again, I’m sorry but that’s bullshit, pensioners have paid into the system already, that’s 50 years for some and now they want you to carry in until you die! What’s the point in having a pension? Pay NI, get ill they’ll take it off you along with your house to pay for the care home. Don’t they realise people have planned their retirements to live off that monthly income, to now go and tax them on it again, how the duck are they supposed to make that up, go back to work in their 70s and 80s. About time they went after the big corporations and leave us alone.

Absolutely bang on with that one!
Tony Blair and John Prescott got absolutely stitched up like a kipper by private enterprise
Who probably couldn’t believe their luck.

The tax payer takes the bill and the Tories take the blame.

Classic.
Jesus wept.
Quite frightening that people actually still blame the last labour govt despite this set of ra-ra's systematically underfunding and withdrawing beds.
Blair was a complete wanker but there comes a point when you should look at reality.
Now, if only we could have PM prepared to right these wrongs...dont worry, JC will sort it out.

Jesus Christ that’s peoples pensions rinsed again, I’m sorry but that’s bullshit, pensioners have paid into the system already, that’s 50 years for some and now they want you to carry in until you die! What’s the point in having a pension? Pay NI, get ill they’ll take it off you along with your house to pay for the care home. Don’t they realise people have planned their retirements to live off that monthly income, to now go and tax them on it again, how the duck are they supposed to make that up, go back to work in their 70s and 80s. About time they went after the big corporations and leave us alone.

I object to picking up the tab for old folks non medical care so that they can hand their house on to their kids.
Medical needs should be met no argument.
Social needs should be met by the recipient.

OR

Increase/extend NI to cover a large chunk of it.

Are you objecting to people working over 65 paying NI or not, cos currently they don’t, no matter how much they earn.

Looks like 'the tax payer' read you and I will pick up the tab for the increase in NHS spending whilst firms and rich people will find ways to avoid it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.