The NHS Appreciation Thread

Mad Eyed Screamer

Just returned to Boston after a flight from Manchester via New York...
This time last week I was packing to fly to Manchesrer on the Sunday with a funeral in mind.....
My 85 year old mum - who is very active and physically fit - had caught sepsis and pneumonia and had fluid on her lung and was in intensive care. With her permission they put her into a sleep to ease her pain and allow her body to recuperate.... This lasted 4/5 days when my brother contacted me to say the end was nigh and her organs were shutting down as a result of the extremely high oxygen intake she was receiving....
So I fly over and land Monday to find my mum awake-ish and asking me what was I doing there.....
By Wednesday she was off all tubes and eating solids.... But the hospital wanted to move her to another hospital purely as the other hospital would do physio work with her that this hospital didnt do. They just needed to wait for a bed.
My mum was too impatient in waiting for physio and set about exploring the ward via her zimmer frame. So much so that on Friday the hospital discharged her citing that she didnt need physio work!
The grim reaper had been hanging around last weekend but my mum told him to well and truely fuck off.

Through this all the staff at the hospital were magnificant...... A credit to the NHS.....
Any Tory twat voting to sell off the NHS should be hung..... It is so valuable and a fantastic thing the UK has....
Thanks again to the wonderful staff at the NHS.

Last edited:
I would like to give a thumbs up to the NHS and all the staff as I lay here in a Bournmouth royal hospital bed with a loverly cup of tea iff it was, nt for them I would have been a gonner a long time ago.
.and yes keep your tory fooking hands off ,even tho they are privatising through the back door.

I was in stepping hill visiting a few weeks back and I’m glad to say all the main protagonists involved are still alive which is a bonus.

I am firmly with the op on this one.The NHS is imo still something to be very proud of, of course there are some bad decisions/mistakes/overworked staff(who do a great job) etc within it, but lets face it they are caring for a nation and the logistics and everything must be mindblowing. Oh, and they sorted my missuses cancer out twice,so for that I am eternally grateful.

I had to take my 3yr old to a walk in centre at Dewsbury A&E this arvo. Was absolutely dreading the wait. BUT!!!! We were seen in less than 5mins! I couldn’t fucking believe it! I’ve sat at Trafford general walk in for 6hrs before. Guess we were lucky today.

Glad to hear about your mum

i just finished my 8 hour shift today in my local nhs hospital ,before tax i earned about £135 with enhancements for working on sunday

and tomorrow monday,i will get £67.65 before tax for working 7.5 hours

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.