The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
We keep hearing about how the rags produce their own youth players but City have been quite successful over the years although not so productive recently.
The following players came through our youth system and are still making a living in the prem or the championship. 
Update the list if not correct or current.

Micah Richards
Cedric Boyata
Steve Ireland
Daniel Sturridge
Glen Whelan
John Guidetti 
Joey Barton
Nedum Onuah
Shaun Wright Philips
Kasper Schmeichel
Ben Mee
Kieran Tripier

Emyr Huws against Derby

1 Key pass, 1 Dribble, 9 Tackles, and 10 Interceptions.

Looks like he had a good debut.

big blueballs said:
jollylescott said:
big blueballs said:
The 16s were wining 1-0 too, not sure it finished that but they were well on top, so it could have been more
They won 2-0
Nice one

Could so easily have been more.While I was watching the under 18's the other game was going on on the next pitch.We had a bunch of 1 on 1 chances which were not converted so 4 or 5 would not have been misleading.

FantasyIreland said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Boadu stretchered off at U18 level, complete disgrace.

The lad has confirmed via twitter that its soft tissue,stiches only thankfully.

Good news then....I feared a break watching that. Disgusting challenge from the red twat...

Really happy for Thierry Ambrose, i follow via youtube, official website MCFC.
I would try to see him next week with the french team U17(<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fff.fr/equipes-de-france/10/u17/derniere-selection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fff.fr/equipes-de-france/10/ ... -selection</a>).

Thierry Ambrose is the best young history as form AJA, player very high above are for age.

his stats are very impressive since small.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/02/02/4589226/manchester-city-monitoring-birmingham-starlet-brown

Manchester City monitoring Birmingham starlet Brown

Manuel Pellegrini's side could make a move to sign the highly rated 17-year-old midfielder as they continue to look to the future ahead of the opening of the £100m Etihad Campus

By Paul Clennam

Manchester City are keen on striking a deal for Birmingham City's highly rated teenage midfielder, Reece Brown, Goal understands.

The 17-year-old signed pro forms with the Midlands club at the end of January and is already part of the first-team set-up at St Andrews, having featured in four Championship games this season.

Brown has represented England at youth level and has been watched on a few occasions by City's Elite Development Squad manager, Patrick Vieira.

The two clubs are in the process of developing closer ties, with City having sent promising youngsters Albert Rusnak and Emyr Huws on loan to Birmingham during the January transfer window.

City's interest in Brown is part of a clear recruitment drive to prepare for the future, with Nigeria Under-17s stars Musa Yahaya, Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidi Nwakali all set to join the club in the coming months.

Goal understands that Manuel Pellegrini's side also beat off interest from Manchester United and Barcelona to secure a deal for 20-year-old Argentine midfielder Bruno Zuculini, while 21-year-old Sevilla left-back Alberto Moreno is also being closely monitored.

The move to secure some of the world's most talented young players coincides with the development of the club's new state-of-the-art Etihad Campus, which is due to open in the summer at a cost of around £100 million.

City failed to make any new signings during the January window although Goal understands that the club have agreed a deal to bring Porto midfielder Fernando to the Etihad Stadium in the summer.

Gabriel Sutton ‏@_thescore 1h
Hearing Reece Brown could be off to Man City. I had a feeling that was why Patrick Vieira was at the Yeovil match. #bcfc #mcfc

The mutv commentators said that we had the older team. Is that true? Just seems more impressive if not the case.

BTW I thought the mutv guys were fair again (same as in the u21 game). The only issue I had with them was that while they admired city's style, they only wanted their own team to play to the elements. Only went to show imo the difference in expectations at the clubs these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.