The Official I was Alive when we last won anything thread

I was 5 months old - my missus wasn't born

We were talking about this tonight - i think she gets it now!!!

However, she did say "So money DOES buy success" tho :(

50 in September.

I was 14. I had my first Pubes; I was having "W's" over Susie Birchall out of Coronation Street and Debbie Harry out of Blondie.

I have always, always, felt cheated that from the following year, the League Cup Final was always shown LIVE on TV.

ITV - Bastards.

I was eleven, and truthfully only made my choice of teams the year after, I actually come from a red family. But I am blue and tomorrow i will be happy oh and by the way its my birthday 14th of may So the cups ours!.

I was 4 in '76; earlist memory of a city match was losing in '81. My first match was in '82 (against Sunderland drew 2-2) I was in the Gulf in '99 on HMS Birmingham, and now down in the Falklands on HMS York for both wembley trips!

The 1969 win marked the day I became a Blue. Not because at 6 years old I wanted to back the winners but because of the little old man in the hat and mac, Joe Mercer. They can't do it nowadays but there was an experiment with interviewing the managers during the game, as there were no action replays. Joe, whilst still trying to control everything at pitchside (Big Mal was in the stands, serving a ban), eloquently gave good responses to the interviewer as he tried to keep his eye on the game. I thought "he'd make a brilliant grandad, him" and that was that.

Within 3 years, a full City home kit - none of your Spall or Bukta imitation crap either, a full-on Umbro kit with iron-on no.10, sewn-on coat-of-arms-in-a-circle badge, the works - first visit to Maine Road and I was enrolled in the Blue Army. It's been mostly tough over the last four decades or so but we're all going to get our just rewards, hopefully starting tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.