The official 'Kill The Cheese' thread

Rodenberger10 said:
blueinsa said:
Who the fuck is this..."We"?

Ah sorry must just be me then who enjoys the games and everything that happens... It just seems like some people are criticising schemes the club are putting in place at the moment. No offense intended.

How old are you mate? Honest question...

Didsbury Dave said:
I keep hearing the line "That's the way it is now, live with it".

But why is it?

Is there a single person out there who comes back after the game and says "Well it was a 0-0 but at least we had a big screen with interviews on and got given a curly blue wig. And it rained on the way there but there was a tremendous brass band repeating Blue Moon over and over"?

All this shite adds nothing to the "matchday experience". I honestly think Garry Cook's behind all this. The matchday experience is about atmosphere. Move the away fans. That will give the kids a "matchday experience" to remember. Kids want noise and passion. Give the ground one voice and you have that.

Bang on. These 'Americanisms' have the scent of Cooke's smarmy paws all over them. It's like you're going to a baseball or grid iron match. Unite the singers as you say and give the youngsters a proper end with less interference from stewards.

Didsbury Dave said:
Rodenberger10 said:
Ah sorry must just be me then who enjoys the games and everything that happens... It just seems like some people are criticising schemes the club are putting in place at the moment. No offense intended.

25. I'v been a season ticket holder since I was 10. Being honest I loved the games at maine road in the north stand and preferred the crowd atmosphere back then but that atmosphere was ruined when we moved to coms and split the north stand up.

Didsbury Dave said:
Rodenberger10 said:

Please tell me you're not going to use phrases like 'whipper snapper' 'when I was your age' or 'back when football was really football'? ;-)

Horses for courses....

Most of what you're complaining about is for youngsters and families.

I managed to go to the match on Sunday, having been to a charity boxing match in the morning in a pub with drinking from early doors, mini-bus to game, beers at half time, bit of singing lots of celebrating, beers after in a pub then tram home with Kebab and then nursed broken thumb with bag of peas when I got in.

At no point did I have to wear a giant foam hand, or a silly t-shirt or sing City City Ra Ra Ra.

So you can have a good 70/80's stylee day, just with better toilets and less violence..so all's good.

Here's your logo

fvffpc.jpg

I have seen a huge increase in the amount of cheese. It isn't my thing at all, some of it is pathetic! But this is for the new Family Stand which is there to stay (not that i'm entirely happy, especially with the size of it!) and there are lots of young kids going to the CoMS now and i suppose the entertainment shit is all for them (not that i needed any when i were a kid! the smell of cigar smoke, the odd taste of me Dad's pint of bitter and the excitement of the upcoming match was all i needed before a game. Ferris would have been laughed out of Moss Side in the 80's!) but it is good that the "Matchday Experience" is changing for some people who'll want it.

I can see that the Corperate Experience will be the next change. It will expand and become a bit of a big thing. Which again i can see of there is a demand for it, then it should be done. We'll need the extra money it will bring in also. The plus side to this is that it might shift a few of the boring bastards who sit near me and it will all be a lot more classy than the family orientated shit (cheese). So might dilute that bollocks a bit.

I will refrain from joining this movement against the cheese until i see whether the club are going to then focus on the proper fans. If the vocal, hardcore fans who make themselves known at the game and encourage and motivate the team on are also given a boost in their "Matchday Experience" then i will be happy with all the changes City have made.
If away fans are moved, if we are provided with many more than the pathetically small areas dedicated to vocal fans which house approx.3000 at present (half the size of the Family Stand for fuck's sake) [if that was propsed at Anfield the Kop fans would go off their fuckin heads!], if East Stand Level 1 is also encouraged to become a vocal area (not just the corner but the whole thing), if safe standing is really looked at and better still introduced [there is no reason on Earth why it shouldn't be!] (the whole of East Stand L1 and the South Stand L1), if better/bigger/classier banners are provided, if the South Stand is knocked down (or even better the East Stand so we'll get our Kippax back) and rebuilt as a one-tierd mega stand for the vocal fans to all congregate and become a famous reknowned stand around Europe, if bigger and better bars for alcohol are provided, if better service is provided, if Fletcher and his mob stop banning people for fuck all (WANKERS!), ... then maybe i'll put up with the cheese.

If not, the club need to have a fucking look at themselves and i wont be fucking happy. But i'll wait and see what their action plan will be over the coming years. It can't all be done at once, but i seriously hope it is all done so that Families, Corperates and Hardcores are all provided with a greater "Matchday Experience"!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.