The Official Wigan Athletic FC Thread

A A

Anonymous

I'm really concerned for them this season. I like Martinez and think he is a decent bloke. He also strikes me as a good manager but so little to work with there. I suppose it doesn't help he's got a baconface loving, Swales-esque megalomaniac for a boss.

It's a myth about the quality of the pies too.

Championship beckons.

Haven't a pot to piss in, they are kept afloat by finding the likes of Palacios, Valencia, Rodallega, Figueroa, N'Zogbia and making a profit on selling them. This can only last for so long, their scouting network can't keep finding these players from south and central America. Their lack of revenue and small fanbase will always result in relegation, in the end. They've done fantastically well to stay up as long as they have. Will they go down this season? Possible, although Swansea, Norwich and QPR all look poor at this point.

I guess competing with Rugby League doesn't help either, particularly with that team's resurgence.

Funnily enough, given how people moan about us, I always thought it funny Wigan should considering they are artificially propped up by a wealthy backer.

I really like Martinez I hope they stay up as long as he's there. Once he's gone I hope they go asap! As bad as it sounds the Prem really isn't the place for Wigan Athletic. Would much rather have Forest or Sheff Weds here. Used to love away days at Hillsborough.

It's all about the mini league at the bottom of the Prem. Win that are you stay up and I think Wigan have enough to do that

I've a feeling Everton may well be the "surprise" team to be relegated this season

Like the thread title. ;-)

Don't get me started on Wigan. Yes Martinez seems to be a decent-ish manager and a nice bloke. But how have they got from non-keague to Premiership? Through Dave Whelan's money that's how. The same bloke who has the nerve to criticise us regularly for spending money. The same bloke whose club haven't ever come close to taking a single point off his bum-chum Baconface and his beloved rags.

If he walked away, they'd go into liquidation whereas we should be close to self-sufficiency soon. They get around 10,000 home fans through the gate on a good day.

There are a number of clubs far more deserving of a Premiership place than them, including the 3 that came up this year.

im really not a wigan fan at all, away days there are okay. but there stadium is empty.

now N'zogbia has gone, they really dont have much prem quality in them.

theyve flirted with relegation for the last few years, just gotta feeling theyll go this year.

like there manager though.

hope we get double figures against them at home :)

Hope they get relegated. Nice ground but they can't fill it, bring 300 to City, waste of a Prem place. Would rather see Leeds, Forest, WHU, Sheff Wed in the prem rather than Bolton, Fulham, Wigan and Blackburn

And whelan is a twunt

Hate Wigan RL so it transfers to the football as well. Good bye if they go.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:26 pm --<br /><br />Hate Wigan RL so it transfers to the football as well. Good bye if they go.

McCarhty will be next big paycheck for them, they have done well to get him to sign a new contract

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.