The One TV Series to Rule Them All...

We already have the film theatrical releases and extended editions. Thoses were perfection and said all that needed to be said. They also grossed King Solomon’s ransom. And we have the Hobbit series which stretched a single book into three films. Why on earth is this needed?

We already have the film theatrical releases and extended editions. Thoses were perfection and said all that needed to be said. They also grossed King Solomon’s ransom. And we have the Hobbit series which stretched a single book into three films. Why on earth is this needed?
Must admit I agree. The films were pretty true to the book so not sure what this will add.

Much more eagerly awaiting the kingkiller chronicles than this to be honest. Tolkien has been done to such a high standard nothing can top it. If rothfuss can deliver a third book even close to his first two then we are in for a delight and an opportunity to develop a fantastic tv series.

maybe because the hobbit did stretch it and was crap and the LOTR films were not exactly like the books and there is a lot to offer in the tolkien world with unfinished tales and the silmarrian.

also not sure but tge article says tge works of tolkien so maybe his novel of boewulf is also an option.

maybe because the hobbit did stretch it and was crap and the LOTR films were not exactly like the books and there is a lot to offer in the tolkien world with unfinished tales and the silmarrian.

also not sure but tge article says tge works of tolkien so maybe his novel of boewulf is also an option.

Thought the Hobbit films were better than the LOTR films also read LOTR and have to say they for me they stayed loyal to the books.

Thought the Hobbit films were better than the LOTR films also read LOTR and have to say they for me they stayed loyal to the books.

in plot yes, but the tone of many charactors were different and the battle of hornburg was completely changed as was the removal of the chapter where they returmed to the shire and the battle involved.

Don't get me wrong I love the trilogy and having also read the book thought it was a good adaptation and umderstand that some things would need to be cut/changed, mabye a tv version can do it in it's entirety.

On the hobbit my issue is it was a book that could have been told in one film and was completely elongated for the studios profit and, even Jackson has said that del toro's original film would have been enough.

Last edited:
I hope it's better than the absolute Shambles they made of Terry Brooks Shannara series. Total fuckin shite. Beverly Hills 9021Elves!

I only managed to drag myself through 2 episodes, so disappointing, was a big fan of the books in my younger days

I hope it's better than the absolute Shambles they made of Terry Brooks Shannara series. Total fuckin shite. Beverly Hills 9021Elves!

wasn't MTV not amazon who.made that??

tbf to amazon

Man in high castle
sneaky pete
bosch
hand of god
goliath
comrade detective
the tick

have all been good series produced by them

Sorry @urban genie but I really believe the LOTR films to be the pinnacle of fantasy filmmaking. Some parts of the books were cut (Tom Bombadil was completely omitted for example). The focal point of the second film, Helm’s Deep, was only a single chapter of TTT. I honestly think the correct decisions were made throughout. I don’t think the story begs retelling on the small screen. I wouldn’t be opposed to a Silmarillion series however since it could offer something new.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.