The "Others" in the Academy

Was never really that impressed by Edozie last season for the EDS but he’s looked good in the past two games. He might even have a chance of starting against Leicester as we don’t really have anyone else to play on the left with Sterling, Foden and Torres not back yet.

I didnt rate him when he firt arrived,but i thought he grew into the season and had some great games.He is the most natural/classic winger in the squad,he doesn't overthink the game and he clearly backs his own ability.
He has the potential to be better than Sancho.

I didnt rate him when he firt arrived,but i thought he grew into the season and had some great games.He is the most natural/classic winger in the squad,he doesn't overthink the game and he clearly backs his own ability.
He has the potential to be better than Sancho.

i dont love to compare young pups to already established players but i do like classic wingers. its a shame pep mostly abandoned that way of playing when sané left, which makes sense since city didnt really replaced him but yeah...i like to have the option of a more direct/speedy guy there

I like Edozie, but he is miles off Sancho at the same age. That's a ridiculous OTT comparison IMO. Sancho was winning best player at the Euro 17s and starring in almost every single game possible at the same age. He looked a cut above everyone other than Foden when he was at City. It was quite comical how much better he was than everyone at else at times. He absolutely took the piss.

At the same age Edozie is now he was starring in the Bundesliga too. Edozie is 18 now, and will be 19 in January and still likely nowhere near our side. City were prepared to make Sancho the highest paid 17 year old in the world for perspective and had earmarked a pathway into the team for him before he forced a move.

Edozie is a really good talent, but not even close to being the star of the EDS. Palmer, McAtee, Delap, Lavia, Doyle all had better seasons for the 23s. Sancho was a special talent. Edozie is a very good player, but certainly not an elite level prospect.

I like Edozie, but he is miles off Sancho at the same age. That's a ridiculous OTT comparison IMO. Sancho was winning best player at the Euro 17s and starring in almost every single game possible at the same age. He looked a cut above everyone other than Foden when he was at City. It was quite comical how much better he was than everyone at else at times. He absolutely took the piss.

At the same age Edozie is now he was starring in the Bundesliga too. Edozie is 18 now, and will be 19 in January and still likely nowhere near our side. City were prepared to make Sancho the highest paid 17 year old in the world for perspective and had earmarked a pathway into the team for him before he forced a move.

Edozie is a really good talent, but not even close to being the star of the EDS. Palmer, McAtee, Delap, Lavia, Doyle all had better seasons for the 23s. Sancho was a special talent. Edozie is a very good player, but certainly not an elite level prospect.
I see far more purpose and directness in his game,he makes things happen and as i said,seems to have that x factor/confidence that makes him believe 100% in himself.Edozie didnt have the stndout seasons the above did,but he did have moments that made me think he can be special,and i see those moments becoming far more frequent from here on in.

I guess time will tell....lets hope they all blossom.

I see far more purpose and directness in his game,he makes things happen and as i said,seems to have that x factor/confidence that makes him believe 100% in himself.Edozie didnt have the stndout seasons the above did,but he did have moments that made me think he can be special,and i see those moments becoming far more frequent from here on in.

Everybody clicks at different times. Hopefully Edozie is the wildcard who comes through the pack. Seems to be able to beat a man with ease and can finish so that's something to be working with

Edozie is the only EDS player who plays like real 1st team player in pre season matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.