The Owners

posted the following in the "lowering expectations" thread, imo it is applicable with this thread as well........

it COULD be a catastrophe if we don't finish top4 in case Twatini changes the rules quickly to keep us from upsetting the big 4 and stopping one of them getting chumps league, our owners will be well aware of this and although publically top6 was initially given out as our target even Cook has implied that top4 is our goal.

this year is our big chance, we can't afford to fuck it up.

Rammy Blue said:
posted the following in the "lowering expectations" thread, imo it is applicable with this thread as well........

it COULD be a catastrophe if we don't finish top4 in case Twatini changes the rules quickly to keep us from upsetting the big 4 and stopping one of them getting chumps league, our owners will be well aware of this and although publically top6 was initially given out as our target even Cook has implied that top4 is our goal.

this year is our big chance, we can't afford to fuck it up.

Agree completely mate.

blueinsa said:
BillyShears said:
Sorry mate, but whichever supposed ITK on this board has been pm'ing you - I imagine they are full of shit...

Everything rosy in the garden? Well, no, and I imagine that's the same at every single club in the premiership. But, if you're implying that there are major problems behind the scenes, you are very very wrong...

Then we will just have to agree to disagree mate.

Send me a pm...we can compare notes...

I don't think Hughes is terrible manager, I just don't believe he's good enough to win us the big prizes, I believe he's a poor man manager and a poor tactician,that is why I criticize him. I think with some luck he could get us champs league qualification (essential for us to progress significantly IMO) but I don't see him being able to get us close to winning either the premiership or the champs league even if we gave him the next 20 years. I could be wrong but that is my opinion based on what I've seen week in week out.

On that basis I think its unreasonable to criticize the owners for giving Hughes the chance to either a) show that he has something that sets him apart from average managers or b) lay the foundations on which a top class manager can build.

scall said:
I don't think our owners are being patient, nor are they hiding behind this blank cheque book. They're simply following their own plan, which is working.

You have to realise that our owners are very, very astute business people. They know the way to do things. Didn't Sheikh Mansour make $3bn profit or something when he sold his shares in Barclays that he'd only bought a few months earlier? He made the money not by selling when the price started to go up, but when he would get the best price. That's not being patient, it's showing sense.

You said the owners should "take some fucking responsibility, show some leadership and character".

That's exactly what they're doing. This isn't Peter Swales, this isn't the managerial merrygoround. The owners have seen this before, with a manager called Alex Ferguson, the fans shouted for him to be sacked, but he wasn't. The Chairman at the time gave him the time to develop, and look what happened.

Are we in freefall? Are we in the relegation zone? No, we're in the best league position we've been in for donkeys years, we're in stable growth. STABLE GROWTH. Our owners know that you can't just win straight away, and they're in it for the long term.

I really wish people would enjoy what we're going through at the moment instead of panicking that we're title contenders right now.

I couldnt have said it better myself... This is a completely disrespectful thread Billy and you should be ahamed of yourself! Our owners have done vast amounts for our club and invested hundreds of millions not just on players but on the entire infrastructure of the club!!!!!

Khaldoon said in his interview at the start of the season that he visits this site all the time, well I sincerly hop he has not read your thread.

Be a bit more positive and get a few manners... You dont have a boody clue!

Didsbury Dave said:
How. Many. More. Times?

He is taking the piss

Jesus Christ.

Maybe a little more ironic than blatantly taking the piss. I do think I was making a point as well...;- )

Billy's obviously more subtle than I was prepared to give him credit for.

Can't believe how many have got the wrong end of the stick.

Didsbury Dave said:
How. Many. More. Times?

He is taking the piss

Jesus Christ.

On bluemoon, irony has at least to be delivered in an iron shaped package with 'THIS IS IRONY' written all over it and a 5 second looped auditory reminder mechanism, Saying "STOP! IRONY! REPEAT THIS IS IRONY! DO NOT TAKE SERIOUSLY!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.