The Owners

Damocles said:
FUCKING HITZFELD!

Not a bad call at all...a wonderful pedigree for sure...question is would he move to Manchester to take on the poison chalice that is the City manager's job...

BillyShears said:
Mourinho, IMO, will never happen.

However, Jose Mourinho is NOT the be all and end all of football management.

The question which our owners need to ask for themselves is, are they risking turning a five year project into a ten year one. We will NOT sign better players than the ones we have if we finish lower than fourth.

I have no way of telling whether and, if so, under what circumstances we might tempt Mourinho. However, I agree that there are other credible alternatives out there if we do make a change. In my hypothesis about last summer, the owners may, I suspect, have thought that Mourinho, with his experience of English football, had a decisive advantage over the rest of the field. This may have led them to conclude that, if he wouldn't take the job, it would be better to give Hughes longer to prove himself than risk appointing a foreigner with no experience of our game. That's all I mean.

I think Hitzfeld would be a good choice. However: (i) presumably he would want to take Switzerland to South Africa having qualified with them, so would the Swiss FA sanction a job share for the next six months?; and (ii) would he be amenable to a return to club football?

BingoBango said:
Damocles said:
You love breeches and a bit of sausage, do you?

I'm a sucker for a bit of bratwurst.

*cough*

So, that Hitzfeld, eh?

*ahem*

So yeah, Hitzfeld is 60 so it will be a 5 years max job, which is just what we want. He has won everything in Germany which we keep hearing is a similar league, he plays good football, he'll be looking for a last big payday, he was won the CL a few times, he is managing Switzerland on a part time basis and has just qualified for the WC top of his group, he speaks good English, has managed top players and he fucking despises Ferguson.

What more could you ask for?

Record:
As Coach
3 Swiss Cups (With FC Aarau in 1985; with Grasshopper Club Zürich in 1989 and 1990)
2 Swiss Super League (With Grasshopper Club Zürich in 1990 and 1991)
7 German championships (With Borussia Dortmund in 1995 and 1996; with FC Bayern Munich in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2008)
3 German Cups (With FC Bayern Munich in 2000, 2003 and 2008)
2 UEFA Champions League (With Borussia Dortmund in 1997; with FC Bayern Munich in 2001)
2 Intercontinental Cup (With Borussia Dortmund in 1997 and FC Bayern Munich in 2001)
2 World Coach of the Year (1997 and 2001)
Voted Bayern Munich's greatest coach ever[10]
Rated the best Bundesliga-coach of all time[11]

When he took over Dortmund, they were 10th and constantly midtable. 4 years later, they won the Champions League.

That's like him taking over West Ham now and winning the CL in the next four years.

He's definitely the man, he's a fucking God.

Damocles said:
BingoBango said:
I'm a sucker for a bit of bratwurst.

*cough*

So, that Hitzfeld, eh?

*ahem*

So yeah, Hitzfeld is 60 so it will be a 5 years max job, which is just what we want. He has won everything in Germany which we keep hearing is a similar league, he plays good football, he'll be looking for a last big payday, he was won the CL a few times, he is managing Switzerland on a part time basis and has just qualified for the WC top of his group, he speaks good English, has managed top players and he fucking despises Ferguson.

What more could you ask for?

Sounds good, then!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.