The Owners

Prestwich_Blue said:
blueinsa said:
Who let you out of the Religion thread? ;-)
He was getting such a battering that even I felt sorry for him and nearly came in to protect him. He probably decided it was a bit safer in here. After all, a debate about our owners, how could there be any disagreement?

PB. LOL! I've never done safe. How is it there?

Anyway, as you well know, the playground bullies and other intolerant atheists ran away. Thanks for the offer of 'protection' though, but I understand that the failed philosophy students have now all gone home to help Daddy on the farmint ime for the fox-hunting season. The last post on that thread [can't remember who, sorry] was excellent and just showed up some of those bigots for the foolish thugs that they truly are. And that's enough 'Gods Wars Part II' for you, blueinsa. Back to the owners...

Dubai Blue said:
writing_process.gif

But as you pointed out, unless we're Top 4 that is going to be difficult.

Why? If the person replacing Hughes is worth his salt, then it should only take one season (nine months, effectively) to find a top four finish. Why would that be such a barrier to attracting high calibre managers when we can can offer bottomless pit of a transfer budget, bumper wages and anything else that might smooth the path for the first season?

Pam said:
Why? If the person replacing Hughes is worth his salt, then it should only take one season (nine months, effectively) to find a top four finish. Why would that be such a barrier to attracting high calibre managers when we can can offer bottomless pit of a transfer budget, bumper wages and anything else that might smooth the path for the first season?
If it was that easy, we'd already have one of the world's best managers in charge by now.

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The time's not now, Billy, in my opinion.

3 substandard performances is not a crisis.

Isn't it time an explanation was given to us about why our world class youth system and coaching staff were sacked only to be replaced by third rate coaches who are in fact just Mark Hughes yes men...why even though we have so many technically gifted footballers, they can only play kick and rush football...etc.

That is indeed a bit of a worry.

Dubai Blue said:
Pam said:
If it was that easy, we'd already have one of the world's best managers in charge by now.

I'm not saying it's easy, I's saying it can be done And I do think the owners want to give Hughes a genuine change to show he can pull it off before they go chasing after the likes of Mourinhio and get accused of impatience and recklessness

I guess tonight I am asking the same question as I did when I first started this thread...

Where are our owners in amongst all this?

There's a resigned acceptance creeping into certain players performances at times. After the investment over the last year, that is criminal.

BillyShears said:
I posted this in another thread, but think it deserves a thread of it's own.

It's apparent that there's again moral outrage on Bluemoon at Mark Hughes' inability to improve the players he has, to beat the likes of Burnley, Fulham, Birmingham, et al To do anything other than blame Elano and Sven for all his own shortcomings. To dismantle a perfectly good youth system. To sack all the decent staff at the club and replace them with under-qualified mates of his. To play nothing but negative, long ball football. To be a glorified Sam Allardyce. The list of Hughes' crimes are as endless as the Hughes Out threads...

It begs the question...what the fuck are these supposedly perfect owners of ours doing sitting on their hands. Ultimately, the buck stops with them. They are the ones who have been publicly backing Hughes since they took over. They are the ones who have let him fritter away over 200 million pounds on workhorses like Bellamy, Santa Cruz, and Tevez.

Surely it makes sense to just get shot of Hughes now and bring in someone better - which lets face it, if we believe even 50% of the stuff written on here about Hughes - won't be difficult. The reality is that come the end of this season, if we don't finish 4th, there's no way we will be capable of attracting the kind of players we would want. Furthermore, even attracting a manager of the ilk of Mouinho or Hiddink is out of the question irrespective of what other people think, if we aren't playing champions league football next season.

So you see, it's a huge season this one. Isn't it time our owners stepped up to the plate. Showed that they know what they're actually doing in running a football club. Demonstrate the kind of nous which undoubtedly is going to be required in the coming years to ensure long term success at the club. Shouldn't they now, or in the very very near future, take responsibility for the "Mark Hughes Project" - rather than hiding behind the blank cheque book which they've given him. Accept that he is not what the fans want, and he is not good enough. I'll repeat myself. Take some fucking responsibility, show some leadership and character, and stop hiding behind empty rhetoric about stability, and long term planning...

*wipes tears from eyes*

Preach on my brother, say it loud! Amen!

BillyShears said:
I guess tonight I am asking the same question as I did when I first started this thread...

There's a resigned acceptance creeping into certain players performances at times. After the investment over the last year, that is criminal.
Our owners realise we are on target for a top 6 finish, you know the target that they set, all this bullshit of them wanting top 4 or else is just that, bullshit, some fans have been blinded by this top 4 media crap, give your heads a shake.

BillyShears said:
I posted this in another thread, but think it deserves a thread of it's own.

It's apparent that there's again moral outrage on Bluemoon at Mark Hughes' inability to improve the players he has, to beat the likes of Burnley, Fulham, Birmingham, et al To do anything other than blame Elano and Sven for all his own shortcomings. To dismantle a perfectly good youth system. To sack all the decent staff at the club and replace them with under-qualified mates of his. To play nothing but negative, long ball football. To be a glorified Sam Allardyce. The list of Hughes' crimes are as endless as the Hughes Out threads...

It begs the question...what the fuck are these supposedly perfect owners of ours doing sitting on their hands. Ultimately, the buck stops with them. They are the ones who have been publicly backing Hughes since they took over. They are the ones who have let him fritter away over 200 million pounds on workhorses like Bellamy, Santa Cruz, and Tevez.

Surely it makes sense to just get shot of Hughes now and bring in someone better - which lets face it, if we believe even 50% of the stuff written on here about Hughes - won't be difficult. The reality is that come the end of this season, if we don't finish 4th, there's no way we will be capable of attracting the kind of players we would want. Furthermore, even attracting a manager of the ilk of Mouinho or Hiddink is out of the question irrespective of what other people think, if we aren't playing champions league football next season.

So you see, it's a huge season this one. Isn't it time our owners stepped up to the plate. Showed that they know what they're actually doing in running a football club. Demonstrate the kind of nous which undoubtedly is going to be required in the coming years to ensure long term success at the club. Shouldn't they now, or in the very very near future, take responsibility for the "Mark Hughes Project" - rather than hiding behind the blank cheque book which they've given him. Accept that he is not what the fans want, and he is not good enough. I'll repeat myself. Take some fucking responsibility, show some leadership and character, and stop hiding behind empty rhetoric about stability, and long term planning...
Welcome to our world Billy its great to see you are finally seeing the light. I still blame the owners its there fault without all this money players and expectations we’d be a small time club and Hughes would be better off.

smithy167 said:
BillyShears said:

Our owners realise we are on target for a top 6 finish, you know the target that they set, all this bullshit of them wanting top 4 or else is just that, bullshit, some fans have been blinded by this top 4 media crap, give your heads a shake.
This team has reached a tipping point in the season, and the season is in danger of imploding of it hasn't already happened.

If I thought we'd finish top 6 I'd be relatively happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.