The Pep 'Survivor List'

Lovebitesandeveryfing

Watching that performance — or whatever you want to call it — yesterday got me to thinking who, in my opinion, will definitely survive of this squad, once Pep is in. Now I'm not saying the clear-out will be all at one fell swoop, this summer. But I believe that these players, and these only, are fairly certain of still being at this club and in the squad about fourteen months from now:

Hart
Fernandinho
Silva
Aguero
Iheanacho
Sterling
De Bruyne

Kompany (?)

I put a question mark after Vinny's name because everything depends on him proving that he can get — and stay — fit. Otherwise, I don't see Pep having any patience with him. I honestly think everybody else could be cleared out, or put out to grass. I think players like Clichy, Zab and Sagna have a fine job, as far as they go (and I love Zab as a guy, does it need saying) but I don't think will feel that players of that age will be mouldable to his style.
What's your survivor list?

Keep
Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Clichy
Dinho
Sterling
Kdb
Kun
Nacho

Sell
Willy :-(
Zaba :-(
Otamendi
Kolarov
Yaya
Navas
Bony

Jury's out
Mangala
Fernando
Nasri

Silva i dont fucking know

Promote
Denayer
Angelino
M.Garcia

Buy
Karius/Zieler
Stones and/or Laporte
Bernat/Gaya
Bruno Peres
Gundogan
Xhaka
Pogba
Sane
Aubameyang?

Another one of these threads for me to contribute to!

Certainties to stay: Hart, Kompany, Otamendi, Clichy, Yaya, Fernandinho, Delph, Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero, Kelechi
Maybes: Zabaleta / Sagna, Mangala, Fernando, Nasri, Navas, Bony
No chance: Caballero, Demichelis, Kolarov

Arrivals: Backup goalkeeper (preferably homegrown, someone like Zieler); a RB to replace Sagna or Zabaleta; Denayer; a new left-back to replace Kolarov (Jose Gaya, Juan Bernat), two new midfielders so that Yaya can become an impact player (Granit Xhaka, Ilkay Gundogan); perhaps a bonus forward if one of Navas or Nasri is sold (no idea).

Of the current players heres my list to keep:

-------------------------------------Hart

_________---------Kompany-----------_________-----------_________

---------------------___________-------Fernandinho

___________-------------------Silva/KDB-----------------------Sterling

-----------------------------------Aguero

Note - Theres a couple in that starting line up that need to improve most notably Silva & Sterling (age on his side).

Subs:
Sagna - Earned it but getting on in age.
Zaba - Purely on loyalty as he has been nowhere near the standard for 18 months now which pains me to say.
Otamendi - Showed us he can be great and awful in equal measure, willing to give him another season with a coach who knows how to set up a defence.
Yaya - Still can have a part to play but getting on in age.
Iheanacho and any of the EDS players.

Nasri - May suit Pep and we generally play better when he's fit.
Mangala - Outside chance of staying because of his age.

The rest of them have showed bits of quality but overall have been poor or some of them have just been poor. New arrivals not mentioned i.e. Delph may not get chance to prove they are of the standard.

Hart, Sagna, Kompany, Oti, Fernandinho,KDB, Nasri and Aguero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.