The Perfect Wife

TCIB

perfectbride.png

FOOTBALL fanatic Karen Bell was over the Blue Moon — as she wed husband Simon in a dress made of Manchester City shirts.

The soccer superfan, 38, spent three weeks at a sewing machine putting together a frock from her fella's collection of shirts, which date from the '80s onwards.

And the couple even stopped off at the Etihad Stadium to watch their side before heading to Edinburgh on their honeymoon.

Bride Karen, from Bury, Manchester, said they only decided to get married four weeks before tying the knot.

She added: "It was the day of a match so Simon said I would have to turn up in a City shirt. That set me off thinking and I decided to do this.

"We wanted to do something different because we have both been married before."
Different

The pair exchanged vows in Chester before heading to Manchester to watch their side beat Stoke 3-0.

Karen said: "Everyone was stopping us to take pictures on the way in. We thought about going corporate but we have had season cards for years and we know everyone around us so we just went in our normal seats.

"It was brilliant — everyone kept buying us drinks."

And the patchwork creation even got top reviews when they headed to the upmarket Radisson Edwardian hotel that evening.

Karen explained: "We were in the bar there and someone came over and asked me if it had been designed by Vivienne Westwood."

Simon, 49, from Stockport, said: "I was amazed when I saw her. The shirts were in a suitcase in the loft and I sacrificed them as a demonstration of my commitment.

"We didn't tell any of our friends and when we met them before the match they couldn't believe it.

"I should have charged for pictures."

Sorry if posted, feel free to abuse me and throw litter at me.

Edit: Just seen the other thread damn it. Sorry for that mods.

Roger Ringpiece said:
Old news, keep up.

Well if the other thread had a title that gave a hint towards it i would have not made it would i numbnuts. I also gave myself a disclaimer :D now throw things at me and abuse me for being a noob :p

Roger Ringpiece said:
Blame the OP in the other thread for that.
TCIB said:
Roger Ringpiece said:
Old news, keep up.

Well if the other thread had a title that gave a hint towards it i would have not made it would i numbnuts.

Still i failed and deserve abuse come on roger i can take it.

On topic tough i think it is a quirky cool idea.

"I should have charged for pictures."

To be fair if she was willing to go that far then maybe he has found his perfect wife.

Not so sure about the outfit though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.