The Peterloo Massacre, 16th August 1819 - 200th Anniversary

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Is anyone doing one of the marches on Sunday?

I thought that is the event you refered (i was 9) so just wanted confirmation. But yes a peaceful march against a backdrop of civil unrest and the establishment reacted.... Maybe a topic for its own thread!

Im not stirring shit btw, i think it interesting peoples perceptions and reactions to very similar scenarios, in different times, with different outcomes...

Im not stirring shit btw, i think it interesting peoples perceptions and reactions to very similar scenarios, in different times, with different outcomes...
No didnt think you were and right to point it out. Tiananmen Square in Bejing is another one very similar (obviously not the UK government but an incident they were quick to condemn)

No didnt think you were and right to point it out. Tiananmen Square in Bejing is another one very similar (obviously not the UK government but an incident they were quick to condemn)

We have a situation at the moment over here where a loyalist flute band has marched through Derry last weekend with Parachute Regiment badges on its uniform...they have no affiliation with the Paras. As Eamo mentioned, its the 50th anniversary of the start of the troubles....

...could you imagine a counter "demonstration" to the Peterloo event with people wearing 15th Hussars Cavalry emblems?

We have a situation at the moment over here where a loyalist flute band has marched through Derry last weekend with Parachute Regiment badges on its uniform...they have no affiliation with the Paras. As Eamo mentioned, its the 50th anniversary of the start of the troubles....

...could you imagine a counter "demonstration" to the Peterloo event with people wearing 15th Hussars Cavalry emblems?
That is disgusting.

That is disgusting.
Highly inflammatory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.