The Piccadilly Rats

Had a laugh with Tommy about it last night outside Moston/Collyhurst boxing club he even had an empty paper cup with Heywood Legend wrote on it, he was pleased as punch..
I would ger the 89 bus every day in the morning into town from outside the boxing club / co-op and Tommy would be at the bus stop too. I worked for Greater Manchester Fire & Rescue Service but wasnt a fire fighter although i did wear the standard uniform.
Every day when on the bus he would ask (loudly) if i was a fireman and every day would reply i wasnt.
One day i got on and bought the monthly pass and he shouted "you shouldnt have to pay being a fireman" and starts having a go at the driver for charging me. I kept saying "i was fine and would pay my way like everyone else" but he was like a dog with a bone and wouldnt leave the subject be!

According to the muen his son has said he won't make it through the next 48 hrs.
Terrible news.
Thoughts are with his family and friends.
Let's hope for a miracle

I was in the front carriage of the tram that ran him over and saw him.

With this being a Manc based forum and because of the potential of a family member or friend reading, I won’t go into any details.

RIP Ray, you did amazingly well to hang on for the best part of a week considering.

2ppzjav.jpg

Out and about enjoying the sun in a busy Manchester this afternoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.