The Etihad Pitch

Didnt look as good as normal, but considering the winter we've had, games played on it, its not too bad really. Having 3 home games in 8 days must be a total nightmare for them.

It has just been heavily used with barely any recovery time over the summer. It's usually allowed to grow from May to August. This year it had March to June.

It played a lot better than it looks.

In the midst of our great winning streak, I saw a lot of comments on the state of the pitch during the Wolves game. We had a few home games for sure but nothing too bad, nor has the weather been horrific. I felt bad that so many were slagging it off - Lee Jackson and his team have been absolutely out of his world every season without fail. It also seems out of the ordinary for desso to look like that too. But maybe it's at the end of it's lifespan and might be replaced in the summer.

His twitter page is great for insight into prep etc and what they have to do post season/for concerts and on match day - but his account has disappeared recently. Hope he's not unwell and is still with the club too. Anyway, if he's on the forum, hope he reads this and knows we appreciate the work he does!

From what I do recall, City actually seized an opportunity to relay/reseed the whole surface during the first lockdown, so not sure why it looks so bad now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.