The Positives Thread 2019/20

As an antidote to the election nonsense I have been looking at City’s season in stats. I know that some people pay them no heed but I though I’d see if we were doing as badly as it seems. I have compared the stats with Livarpool and Leicester as well as the rags.
Shots: City 337, LFC 258, LCFC 240, MUFC 224. I will keep the following numbers in that order, with City first and utd 4th.
On target: 112, 102, 87, 86 (City 1st)
Hit woodwork: 12, 4, 4, 7 (City 1st)
Crosses: 457, 373, 337, 286 (City 1st)
Corners: 150, 96, 107, 91 (City 1st)
Big chances missed: 40, 30, 25, 22 (City 1st)

Offsides: 40, 21, 27, 22 (City 1st)
Yellow cards: 31, 16, 17, 34 (LFC and LCFC bottom 2)
Clean sheets: 5, 3, 7, 2

All this seems to suggest that all is not quite as bad as we are making out and that a better shot conversion and a basic way of scoring from corners would have seen us right up there. Cheered me up a bit anyway.......

As an antidote to the election nonsense I have been looking at City’s season in stats. I know that some people pay them no heed but I though I’d see if we were doing as badly as it seems. I have compared the stats with Livarpool and Leicester as well as the rags.
Shots: City 337, LFC 258, LCFC 240, MUFC 224. I will keep the following numbers in that order, with City first and utd 4th.

All this seems to suggest that all is not quite as bad as we are making out and that a better shot conversion and a basic way of scoring from corners would have seen us right up there. Cheered me up a bit anyway.......
It is always about fine margins. We have only slipped a bit but it has hurt us a lot. It's funny how the narrative changes purely on the score not the actual performance. On another day Chelsea could have beaten us by three or four goals and we should have put five past Newcastle. There was little difference in our performances in both those games. United hammered us for 30 minutes but we should still have got a draw based on the second half. I think the players are just mentally tired. Bernardo and Raheem in particular have just played too many games in the last 18 months at club and international level. Burn-out is a big issue in the modern game. Last season was an epic performance but it has taken a lot out of us (fans included!)

If our slump and injuries mean we get to see if Jesus is the real deal or not along with Foden then we will all at least know if they are the longer term solutions or not.

The youngsters are great.

Foden, Jesus, Garcia, HB.

Need to start giving three of them a chance, especially Foden.

My conclusion based on your statistics TLWYS, is that we are being royally screwed over by the Whistling Wankers. We haven't fouled one single fucker all season and we've got 31 yellow cards. Jeeeeeezus!

I am amazed that none of you have reacted to the news that Laporte is now at the academy training on the pitches. Not playing football, but he's on grass. That's massive news.

I am amazed that none of you have reacted to the news that Laporte is now at the academy training on the pitches. Not playing football, but he's on grass. That's massive news.

It's good news but that tells us something which we didn't know? I mean, does it imply he will come back earlier than planned? I'm not sure.

Good news though. We are missing him a lot. He will need a month to hit form, so hopefully he will be back to his best for the 2nd leg in the last 16 in the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.