The Post Transfer Deadline Day (positive) Thread

Good news for Diaz and our forwards like Aguero, Sterling and Sane. They are not too shoddy though the goal output has to go up. I think B. Silva is going to be the signing of the Summer.

I was never entirely happy about the move for Sanchez as I saw it as a short term fix and now we will have the opportunity to add some real top quality talent in forthcoming windows without having ageing players on huge wages who are hard to shift. We can do what PSG have done this window. Maybe not on the same scale, but on a level which will hopefully consolidate what should be a very good season for us.

Every blue must be very hopeful for this season. There are one or two areas of concern, but there always are. But there is a window in Janury anad we still have money to spend should we need to.

Whilst I would have liked Sanchez, I still think that overall it has been a very good window. We've strengthened in most important areas with quality young players and have managed to move on some players that we didn't feel were quite up to it as well as older squad members. A top CB and CM would have been nice but those positions will have to wait for another window.

I think we have an excellent squad with some fantastic individual players but am still not totally convinced that the balance is quite right for us to win the league or CL this season.
I am not sure about the balance either. Overweight perhaps in gifted midfielders and no 10s. Underweight in goalscorers throughout the side and in defenders - hence today's moves perhaps but I don't think sanchez would have solved the scoring problem. We just haven't hit on the right formation/combination yet.

Bony arriving at Swansea to sign his contract...

50kgSackCoalNuts.jpg

Its a small squad, with just 14/17 free places being used, but those three will be filled for Champions League and possibly 5/8 Home Grown players. It will give opportunities for a couple of youngsters but injuries and suspensions could leave us short. At its best we should match anyone but we need players like Mangala and Delph to perform well whenever they are called upon. Sounds like Delph has taken the risk to stay and fight for his place whilst Mangala ended up stuck here when potential moves fell through.

I put this in Tosin's thread, but Mangala is a guy who's obviously not good enough at defending, makes us look a man down in possession and fucked Pep over by not leaving and allowing the Evans deal (and whatever your opinion on Evans, Pep wanted him).

Tosin is supposedly a highly rated future first team player who the club had to fight tooth and nail to sign a new contract.

If Tosin isn't ahead of Mangala in the pecking order by November/December then something's seriously wrong.

Of course Tosin can be better than Mangala but he won't get a sniff of the first team like last year unless Pep has faith in Tosin or one of the coaches put a good word in.

Mangala is one of our worst signings, and he really is 4th choice. But him over Evans who Pep strangely rates, I would go for Mangala all day. Mangala is far the better player than Evans. If the scenario is van Dijk over Mangala, then it's a no brainier. But with Evans I can see us conceding more goals than we should.

Collectively as fans we wont waste hours on the Transfer Forum. It has been fun. Apart from today.

My thoughts......

Arsenal are a joke, but we allowed them to take the piss in the last couple of weeks, we should have made the offer 2 weeks ago, and told them a final date before we looked elsewhere, with serious alternatives.

We got money for Bony.

Not arsed about Sanchez to be honest, wouldn't have complained, but still not arsed (though Pep might be, and that is for the suits to sort out).

A deal is not "done" until the clubs agree, no matter if the club and a players reps agree something 3 months earlier.

Not disappointed that we still have Mangala, or Delph, they can fill in.

Not disappointed we missed out on Evans at all.

Very very happy with our other business.

I'm actually not worried about the lack of strikers. Pep has never liked to have many strikers, and Gabriel and Aguero each seem like they prefer being the sole striker. If both get injured we can play sterling or someone else as a false striker, which pep might end up doing anyway even if we have a fit striker. Alexis is a great player, but we don't need a third striker, and I have full confidence in Gabriel and Aguero. Plus we can just get him next year on a free.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.