The Power Of "UMBRO"

CooperMcfcF/W

No mention of money was ever mentioned when City brokered a 10 year deal with Umbro?????? Strange but true!

John Terry Transfer......

The main players in this move are John Terry and UMBRO.
Umbro will throw John Terry the record biggest sponsorship package an "English" player has ever seen if he signs for City.

They say it as a major marketing coup if we win the world cup and he is captain and he wears umbro boots, club kit and national kit.

I would not be surprised to see the stadium called the Umbro stadium within a season or two either.

I honestly believe there are non financial issues around this too though. I get the impression he's had enough at Chelsea.

Project said:
I honestly believe there are non financial issues around this too though. I get the impression he's had enough at Chelsea.

Granted i've read all the stuff re lampard being on more money etc but would he consider us if there wasnt the wage offer plus the Umbro offer etc? I'm not saying don't go for him but at the minute players will choose us for ££££ and thats all at the minute.

thats all we can offer at the mo that and the project idea soon we can offer more, jt is a pro and he will come and do his job no matter what
same goes for any player i hope

of course the money is going to be one of the deciding factors - if any of us were to change jobs (by choice) then that move has to be worth your while - and that means you want a bigger wage.

Take into consideration the fact that a professional footballer also has to uproot his family - and let's face, as much as I love my beloved Manchester, it doesn't have the attractions of London, then he will also have to consider the impact it will have on his wife etc...

If we get him - great. My only concern is that he will use City as a means to get a better deal from chelski and we get egg on our faces (again).

However, a rag relative seems to think chelski will offload if they get the right offer - it would be a good deal for them. However, it is just a rag opinion - or maybe, wishful thinking on his part!

THREE top managers at Chelski in 12 months, ALL foreigners, and Terry getting a bit fed up with Master Oligarch taking the club in a different direction every few weeks! Sure, EVERY PLAYER wants to win the Champs Lge, but day-in-day-out, it has to get on your nerves when the Gaffer needs an interpreter and you have no idea who you will be playing with next week.

I think he is looking to FINISH his career trying to build something and, if City DO get into Top Four, with him as Captain, then it is a HUGE feather in his cap, going into a World Cup. Throw in all the money, the Umbro tie-in and the fact that he has nothing to lose and BAZILLIONS to gain.....who wouldn't "want to talk to City" about that?!!

As always in life, FOLLOW THE MONEY!!

Of course the money is gonna be a huge factor for nearly every player we sign in the next couple of years. but for somebody who is very professionaly minded like JT there must me more to it.

Do you think he could come straight in as captain or would that happen over time.

Do you really think ANY player makes a move nowadays without thinking about the money?

biffa said:
Do you really think ANY player makes a move nowadays without thinking about the money?

oh yeah,

berbatov moved to $old trafford on the promise of 40 quid a day, and as much turnip soup his gippo family can eat....

rather than the 25 grand a week he was on at spuds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.