The Poznan

I've been a nervous wreck with covid paranoia. I've eased up,but I'm still on the super cautious side of things.

That being said, the Poznan is fucking ace and needs to come back and stay back in feel good moments. It's iconic to our fanbase - sure we lifted it ironically from another side but it became iconic.

During that 2011 Fa cup run and the 2012 title win, the Poznan and the yaya/kolo song really took on a life of their own and near enough went viral. People were doing the yaya song on stag dos totally independent from football support. The Poznan became synonymous with our fanbase.

If the Poznan gets going I'll be joining in on ss3.

Was great to see it back. It adds to the atmosphere, you'll get people who haven't said a word all game joining in with a rendition of city! After it and then they might join in the next song. Our atmosphere needs a boost, it's becoming stale and this provides it. Just don't overuse it, we don't need to see 50 lads in the south stand try to start it for zero reason 20 minutes into the Palace game,(I can almost guarantee his will happen) that's what saw it fade away in the first place. and when it is done, do it with the enthusiasm it deserves not a half assed attempt.

Dead on. Needs to come back for big moments and party atmospheres. 4-1 up at a tough away ground? Poznan. Last minute winner? Poznan. Sunny day 5:30 kick off at the end of the season having been on the piss all day? Poznan. Beat the rags? Poznan. Title winning goal? Poznan. Scot Carson scores a bicycle kick? Poznan.

It doesn't need to be done nil-nil first half against Southampton. Or beating Watford 2 nil at home.
In the right circumstances it's the tits.

Dead on. Needs to come back for big moments and party atmospheres. 4-1 up at a tough away ground? Poznan. Last minute winner? Poznan. Sunny day 5:30 kick off at the end of the season having been on the piss all day? Poznan. Beat the rags? Poznan. Title winning goal? Poznan. Scot Carson scores a bicycle kick? Poznan.

It doesn't need to be done nil-nil first half against Southampton. Or beating Watford 2 nil at home.
In the right circumstances it's the tits.
The swamp when they are reading there team out, like we did at Wembley

Does West Ham away in the Carabao count as a good moment to test the water with a Poznan celebration? I mean my first away game... so surely that's something?

commentator on my stream said something about city fans doing the poznan when it happened on saturday, his co commentator said he'd never heard of it! don't know who they were

Couple of half-arsed attempts in 115 recently but need to keep it going for longer than 10 seconds and not rush to immediately chant 'City, City...'
The people who want to start doing it should turn around and just start shouting “Poznań” or “let’s all do the Poznań” or something to alert the rest of the stand that it’s about to happen, but wait until the rest of the stand have turned around before starting to jump up and down… so that more people are doing it at once.

Or be prepared to do it for a good few minutes until the whole stand or even ground have joined in.

Yes, definitely.

We were a rabble of lunatics that day. It was electric in our end. The drive down to Wembley, the atmosphere, was all special.

Wish we had a bit more of that these days!

Never knew I was in this video but through the pixels I've managed to spot my laser blue hoodie and the fact I was holding onto my beanie hat (how very 2011 of me) to stop it from falling off. Genuinely thought I was higher up but I turns out I was only 4 rows from the front. Might go and look for myself on the TV highlights now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.